29.2780, Fun Fact: Books Edition

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 5 15:22:02 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-2780. Thu Jul 05 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.2780, Fun Fact: Books Edition

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 11:21:41
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fun Fact: Books Edition

Hey everyone,

Ken here with some fun facts for all of you. Well more precisely, some fun
visualizations.

The LINGUIST List announces books on all manner of linguistic subjects. These
are sent out over the listserv and featured on our website. Visit
https://r.ksteimel.duckdns.org/bookCloud to see a word cloud generated from
the titles of books submitted for each year. You can slide the slider to see
what the word cloud for that year looks like. What sort of patterns do you
see?

If you appreciate services provided by the LINGUIST List like book
announcements, please consider donating to our annual fund drive campaign
(https://funddrive.linguistlist.org). The funddrive is still running but we’re
quite close to our goal now.

If you’ve already donated or just donated, thank you, we appreciate it.

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: