29.4231, Qs: Seeking Help for Data Collection

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 31 19:14:56 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-4231. Wed Oct 31 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.4231, Qs:  Seeking Help for Data Collection

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 15:14:28
From: Saqib Aziz [sa17359 at essex.ac.uk]
Subject: Seeking Help for Data Collection

Dear Linguists,

I wonder if you can help me. I am a PhD student in Applied Linguistics at the
University of Essex, comparing the use of lexical bundles in academic writing
in native/non-native students and expert writers.

I am currently collecting a corpus of Masters dissertations in any area of
Linguistics/Applied Linguistics/Sociolinguistics from native speakers of
English.

If you are a native student who has passed masters degree in
Linguistics/Applied Linguistics/TEFL or if you are a faculty member having
past or current students who have completed such an MA dissertation, could you
please ask them to contact me if they are willing to participate in my study?
All data will be treated anonymously and confidentially. The data can be sent
to me at sa17359 at essex.ac.uk.

Many thanks for your help,

Saqib

                     Discourse Analysis