30.4562, FYI: New John Benjamins Journal: Interactional Linguistics

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 2 19:11:19 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-4562. Mon Dec 02 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.4562, FYI: New John Benjamins Journal: Interactional Linguistics

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 14:10:51
From: Karin Plijnaar [karin.plijnaar at benjamins.nl]

John Benjamins is pleased to announce a new journal for 2021: Interactional
Linguistics (IL), edited by Ilana Mushin (University of Queensland) and Simona
Pekarek Doehler (University of Neuchâtel).

In the past two decades, usage-based approaches to linguistic inquiry have
forged an empirically grounded comprehension of language as locally
contingent, temporal, and ever-adaptive. Interactionally-oriented approaches
to the study of language have evidenced both how linguistic structures
function as resources for organizing social interaction, and, conversely, how
social interaction shapes linguistic structures.

Interactional Linguistics aims to advance our understanding of this symbiotic
relationship between language and social interaction, contributing to a more
encompassing comprehension of what language is, in light of its use within the
dynamics of social interaction. This fully peer-reviewed journal publishes
original research that demonstrates how close scrutiny of linguistic
structures as they occur in social interaction can deepen our appreciation of
the functional and formal aspects of language, be it within a single language
or cross-linguistically. The journal publishes qualitative and quantitative
research and welcomes empirical as well as theoretical arguments.

ISSN: 2666-4224
E-ISSN: 2666-4232

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis
                     Linguistic Theories