30.908, Jobs: English; Indonesian; General Linguistics: Consultant, DefinedCrowd

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 26 17:30:03 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-908. Tue Feb 26 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.908, Jobs: English; Indonesian; General Linguistics: Consultant, DefinedCrowd

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 12:28:48
From: Hannah Tashiro [hannah at definedcrowd.com]

University or Organization: DefinedCrowd
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.definedcrowd.com/
Job Title: Entity Recognition and Linking
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      Indonesian (ind)

At DefinedCrowd, we make machines smarter for Fortune 500 companies. Our focus
is on improving Artificial Intelligence technologies.

We are searching for a native Indonesian speaker with cultural knowledge of
Indonesia and a degree in Linguistics.

This job will consist of reading a variety of texts – anything from social
media posts about Beyoncé to dense news articles – and then identifying the
relevant entities. Entities are things like people, products, places, etc. You
will then be matching these entities to specific web pages.

A strong attention to detail is important, as you will be reading for context
that a computer can’t understand. You'll need to have excellent research and
investigation skills to properly identify the entities that you aren't
familiar with.

We expect this project to last about 3 months.

All work is completed remotely and there are no set "working hours". The most
important requirement is that you can commit 20 hours every week.

Qualifications:
- Native Indonesian speaker
- Hold a degree in Linguistics (BA or greater)
- Fluent English communication skills – the instructions and training will be
entirely in English
- Accommodate a 20-hour work week
- Familiar with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

There will be a screening test for all potential applicants. Upon passing the
test, we'll proceed to next steps and discuss pay rates.

If you have the ability (and time) to work on this project, we'd love to hear
from you!

To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in a zipped folder, if
possible, to the application email provided below.

Email Address for Applications: hannah at definedcrowd.com
Contact Information:
	Hannah Tashiro
	Email: hannah at definedcrowd.com