30.355, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, Bose

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 22 18:56:09 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-355. Tue Jan 22 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.355, Jobs:  Computational Linguistics: Scientist, Bose

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 13:55:50
From: Staffing Operations [Staffing_Operations at bose.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, Bose, Massachusetts, USA

University or Organization: Bose
Department: Engineering
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Job Title: Senior NLP Scientist
Job Rank: Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

The Bose Contextual Language Processing team is seeking a Senior NLP Scientist
to help us transform the future of Bose products by adding new layers of
intelligent software to our award-winning hardware. We are an
interdisciplinary research team whose goal is to develop new interaction
models that learn and adapt to users in ways that feel like magic. To drive
the next 50 years of innovation at Bose, we’re investing in exceptional people
to help us execute pioneering research. We’d be thrilled to have you help us
deliver on our human-centered brand promise to help people be more, feel more,
and do more.

What you can expect:
- Contribute to our vision of the future of AI and cloud-enabled Bose products
- Create innovative solutions to NLP problems by applying
linguistically-informed, statistical and machine learning based methods
- Work on a variety of applied NLP problems such as semantic parsing, text
classification, named-entity recognition and linking, NLG, summarization, and
spoken dialog systems
- Implement cloud microservices that serve data processing, feature
extraction, and natural language understanding use cases
- Research, implement, and evaluate a variety of published approaches and
algorithms for NLP problems

What we’re looking for:
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field with a
specialization in NLP, speech recognition, machine learning, or equivalent
experience
- Hands-on experience using machine learning to solve NLP challenges
- Fluent in at least one of the following: Python, Java
- Solid understanding of concepts in linguistics: syntax and dependency
parsing, semantics, ontologies, dictionary management, etc.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
- Experience using common NLP resources such as: ELMo, GloVe, spaCy, Apache
OpenNLP, Stanford CoreNLP, NLTK, WordNet, etc.
- Passionate, creative, and collaborative mindset

To apply, please see the application link provided below.

Application Deadline: 18-Apr-2019

Web Address for Applications: https://boseallaboutme.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Bose_Careers/job/US-MA---Framingham/Senior-NLP-Engineer_R12842
Contact Information:
	Staffing Operations