30.2657, Calls: Formal Approaches to Creole Studies 6

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 5 22:12:03 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2657. Fri Jul 05 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2657, Calls: Formal Approaches to Creole Studies 6

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 18:11:26
From: PAtricia Cabredo [pcabredo at univ-paris8.fr]
Subject: Formal Approaches to Creole Studies 6

Full Title: Formal Approaches to Creole Studies 6
Short Title: FACS-6

Date: 21-Oct-2019 - 21-Oct-2019
Location: Orléans, France
Contact Person: Patricia Cabredo
Meeting Email: facs.6 at univ-orleans.fr
Web Site: https://seepicla.hypotheses.org/139

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Semantics; Sociolinguistics; Syntax

Call Deadline: 15-Jul-2019

Meeting Description:

The goal of the workshop is to bring together scholars who share an interest
in the formal study of Creole languages and to enhance the interaction between
theoretical linguists and researchers 'in the field'.

2nd Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts that address theoretical and formal aspects in Creole
Studies, from all subfields of formal research, syntax, semantics, phonology,
and morphology.

Submissions will be for 25-minute presentations (plus 10-minute discussions).
Abstracts can be written in French or English and should be at most 2 pages in
length (including examples and references) in Times New Roman 12pt, with
single-spacing.

Abstracts must be anonymous and should be sent by email (in .pdf format) to:

facs.6 at univ-orleans.fr

Please write the (first) author's name plus the word 'abstract' in the subject
line of your message (e.g., 'Dupont abstract'), and include: - Author name(s)
- Affiliation(s) - Contact information - The title of the abstract in the body
of the email.

For co-authored papers indicate the email address that we should use for
correspondence.

For more information: https://seepicla.hypotheses.org/139
Email: facs.6 at univ-orleans.fr

Important Dates:

Abstract Submission Deadline: 15 July 2019
Notification of Acceptance: 15 August 2019
Conference: Monday 21 October 2019

We gratefully acknowledge the support of the
GDRi The Structure, Emergence and Evolution of Pidgin and Creole Languages
(SEEPiCLa)

Organizers: Patricia Cabredo Hofherr (UMR 7023, Paris-8 & CNRS), Emmanuel
Schang (U. Orléans & LLL), Tonjes Veenstra (ZAS Berlin)

Scientific Committee: Ulrike Albers (U d’Aix-Marseille, LPL), Nélia Alexandre
(U Lisbon), Muhsina Alleesaib (U Mauritius), Marlyse Baptista (U Michigan),
Patricia Cabredo (UMR 7023, CNRS, Paris-8 & UPL), Michel DeGraff (MIT),
Viviane Déprez (CNRS & Rutgers), Tjerk Hagemeijer (U Lisbon), Shrita Hassamal
(MAE, Maurice), Fabiola Henri (U Kentucky – Lexington), Ana Luis (U Coimbra),
Fernanda Pratas (U Lisbon), Emmanuel Schang (U Orléans, LLL), Stéphane
Térosier (U de Montréal), Tonjes Veenstra (ZAS, Berlin), Anne Zribi-Hertz (UMR
7023, Paris-8 & CNRS)