30.2719, Calls: Anthro Ling, Disc Analysis, Gen Ling, Ling & Literature, Socioling/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 11 02:49:39 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2719. Wed Jul 10 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2719, Calls: Anthro Ling, Disc Analysis, Gen Ling, Ling & Literature, Socioling/USA

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 22:49:26
From: Rey Romero [reyromero8 at gmail.com]
Subject: 48th Meeting of the Linguistic Association of the Southwest

Full Title: 48th Meeting of the Linguistic Association of the Southwest
Short Title: LASSO 2019

Date: 31-Oct-2019 - 02-Nov-2019
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Contact Person: Rey Romero
Meeting Email: 2019lasso at gmail.com
Web Site: https://lassolsuchll2019.weebly.com

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 31-Jul-2019

Meeting Description:

Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA will host LASSO XLVIII from
October 31 - November 2, 2019. The Linguistic Association of the Southwest
(LASSO) is a linguistics association in the United States whose purpose is the
advancement of the scientific study of language. While many of our members
study the languages of the southwestern United States, LASSO has an
international scope; it draws its membership and includes linguistic
scholarship from any language and any region in the world.

2nd Call for Papers:

We have extended our call deadline to July 31, 2019. Please send your
abstracts by this date. We look forward to seeing you in Baton Rouge in
October!

We welcome papers in all areas of linguistics, but we particularly encourage
presentations on the Global South/North, language and identity, gender and
language, Creolization, Negritude, decolonization, transnationalism, cultural
appropriation, bilingualism, language variation and contact, language policy,
and linguistic attitudes.

Proposals for panels with multiple speakers are welcome provided they fit
within the 90-minute time frame of the concurrent sessions. We also welcome
suggestions for workshops, particularly those dealing with interdisciplinary
topics.

Submissions by graduate students are especially welcome, and students are
eligible for the Helmut Esau Prize, which includes a $400 award.

Abstract Submission Information:

Abstracts should be no longer than 250 words in length and must be received on
or before July 31, 2019.
Abstracts can be submitted via the EasyAbs system:
http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/lasso2019