30.2720, Calls: Spanish; General Linguistics, Ling & Literature/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 11 02:50:40 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2720. Wed Jul 10 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2720, Calls: Spanish; General Linguistics, Ling & Literature/USA

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 22:49:56
From: Jeremy King [lsuchll2019 at gmail.com]
Subject: XXX Biennial Louisiana Conference on Hispanic Languages and Literatures

Full Title: XXX Biennial Louisiana Conference on Hispanic Languages and Literatures
Short Title: LCHLL 2019

Date: 31-Oct-2019 - 02-Nov-2019
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Contact Person: Jeremy King
Meeting Email: lsuchll2019 at gmail.com
Web Site: https://lassolsuchll2019.weebly.com

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Ling & Literature

Subject Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Call Deadline: 31-Jul-2019

Meeting Description:

Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA will host the XXX Biennial
Louisiana Conference on Hispanic Languages and Literatures from October 31 -
November 2, 2019. Our conference theme is 'Decolonization and Diasporas of the
Global South'.

2nd Call for Papers:

We have extended our Call For Papers to July 31, 2019. Please send in your
abstracts by this date. We look forward to seeing you in Baton Rouge in the
fall!

We invite abstracts for individual presentations or panels on any aspect of
Hispanic linguistics, literature, or cultural studies; topics related to the
conference theme are particularly welcome. Presentations may be delivered in
English or Spanish. Abstracts should be no longer than 250 words in length and
must be received on or before July 31, 2019.

We welcome submissions related to topics concerning the Global South as it
appears in literary or cultural documents and through different media:
manuscripts, books, films, internet, radio, TV, etc. We conceive of the
conference as a place to reflect on the art forms, cultural practices,
political and social movements, and linguistic effects which have emerged in
the Global South over the past six centuries.

Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

- Bilingualism / Bilingual Literature in America
- Borderlands, Cartographies and Dislocation
- Creolization
- The Caribbean: Decolonization, Revolution and Democracy
- Civil/Nation Identity and Transnationalism
- Commodities, Foods, Mobility and the Early Modern “Global” Market
- Displacement, Exile and Intellectual Itineraries
- Ethnic Hybridity, Interethnic Influences and Cultural Appropriations
- Environmental Sustainability, Urban Development and Gentrification
- Freedom, Exile, Utopia and the End of History
- Ghost, Death and Missing Bodies: Violence, Gender and Race
- The Global North, the Global South
- Global Feminism: Women, Democracy, Race and Social Media
- Global Commodities, Trade and Violence
- Global Identity: Gender, Language, Place, Space and Race
- Global Medieval?: Asia, Medieval Iberia and the Mediterranean World
- Language Variation and Contact
- Language Policy
- Linguistic Attitudes
- Magic, Superstition and Science in Early Modern Transatlantic and Early
Modern Pacific World
- Negritude
- Religion in the Global South: Sacred Places and Identities

Proposals for panels with multiple speakers are welcome provided they fit
within the 90-minute time frame of the concurrent sessions. We also welcome
suggestions for workshops, particularly those dealing with interdisciplinary
topics.

Abstract Submission Information:

Abstracts can be submitted until July-31-2019 via the EasyAbs system:
http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/lsuchll2019