30.2546, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Research Software Developer, Nuance Communications

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 25 16:38:57 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2546. Tue Jun 25 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2546, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Research Software Developer, Nuance Communications

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 12:38:29
From: Lea Mencner [lea.mencner at nuance.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Research Software Developer, Nuance Communications, Merelbeke, Belgium

University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Merelbeke, Belgium
Web Address: https://www.nuance.com/index.html
Job Title: Research Software Developer - Dialog Manager/NLG (Automotive)
Job Rank: Other; Research Software Developer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

We are looking for a developer with an interest in research to help productize
innovative proposals based on leading edge research topics that include
Dialog, Natural Language Generation (NLG), and Statistical Modeling. You will
join our Dialog Research team, part of core research team in the Automotive
department. You will contribute to the next generation of our in- car voice
user interface and virtual assistant.

Responsibilities:
- You will contribute to the Nuance Dialog Manager and its NLG- component.
(NLG:Natural Language Generation)
- You will learn about new technologies coming either from Nuance or from the
Research community.
- You will interact with our research teams and help protoype new ideas to
enhance Nuance Solution.
- You will need to interact, and create synergies, with other teams located
across the world. Those teams include Engineering and Product Management.
- You will need to provide estimates and implementation proposal.

Qualifications:
- Number of Years of Work Experience: 0- 1
- Excellent C/C++ or Java programming skills
- Excellent algorithmic skills
- Programming skills in Java, Javascript, Python
- Knowledge of Computational Linguistic or Language Engineering
- Unix/Linux environment
- Fast learner and eager to learn new technologies
- Fluent in English (oral and written)

Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of Dialog Management and NLG
- Knowledge of Machine learning
- Knowledge of languages other than English, such as e.g. German, Mandarin,
etc...
- Knowledge of the micro service architecture (docker, K8s)
- Knowledge of embedded platforms

Education:
- Master degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer, Engineering or similar
fields

To apply, please see the application link provided below.

Application Deadline: 31-Aug-2019 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.nuance.com/job/merelbeke/research-software-developer-dialog-manager-nlg-automotive/843/12238324
Contact Information:
	Lea Mencner
	Email: lea.mencner at nuance.com