30.1076, All: Fund Drive 2019

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 10 18:51:56 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-1076. Sun Mar 10 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.1076, All: Fund Drive 2019

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Malgorzata Cavar <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 14:51:02
From: Malgorzata Cavar [gosia at linguistlist.org]
Subject: LINGUIST List's 2019 Fund Drive is officially open!

Dear Linguists,

A year has passed since the beginning of the last year fund drive and we ask
you again: support the LINGUIST List. If we want to stay a relevant source of
information, we need to keep re-inventing ourselves and invest in the
re-development and update of the elements of the site and services that have
served us for years. We strive to remain a source of relevant information for
all of you and make your interaction with LINGUIST easy and pleasant. This
year we have re-designed the submission forms and while we are still testing,
we listen to your feedback and hope to have soon a simple and pretty
interface. Apart from the back-end renovations, we have a new LINGUIST List
web site – which contains all the same information but is easier to navigate
and visually more pleasing. In the spirit of renovations and renewals, the
theme of this year’s fund drive will be language documentation and
revitalization. Please visit our site - to find out how to donate, to check
how your university, country or discipline ranks in the fund drive challenges,
or to read thrilling stories about revitalization projects. Or go directly to
the donation site (https://iufoundation.fundly.com/the-linguist-list-2019).
Don’t forget to leave the name of your university and your discipline in the
note field to participate in the fund drive challenges!

To stay on top of the game we need your feedback but also moral and financial
support. Only part of our income comes from other sources – from the support
of our hosting institution, Indiana University, and income from
advertisements. Please, if you read LINGUIST List, donate. Even the smallest
donations matter. We cannot continue without the support of our readers.

This year’s fund drive will be run via Indiana University Foundation. It is
connected with the celebration of IUDay and will last till late April. In the
6 years since we have moved to Bloomington, we have become a part of Indiana
University but our main goal is to contribute to a global community. We hope
the community is also there for us. Let’s make it a short fund drive. Please
feel free to share broadly the link to our campaign. Support the LINGUIST
List.

The LINGUIST List Team:
Malgosia, Helen, Jeremy, Becca, Everett, Nils, Peace, Sarah, Yiwen

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable