30.1238, Calls: Slavic Subgroup; Anthro Ling, Gen Ling, Ling & Literature, Socioling/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 16 03:42:29 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-1238. Fri Mar 15 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.1238, Calls: Slavic Subgroup; Anthro Ling, Gen Ling, Ling & Literature, Socioling/Poland

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 23:39:34
From: Elżbieta Benkowska [ebenkowska at gmail.com]
Subject: III International Scientific Conference: „Slavic boredom and fascination”

Full Title: III International Scientific Conference: „Slavic boredom and fascination”
Short Title: Kreslav

Date: 30-May-2019 - 01-Jun-2019
Location: Gdańsk, Poland
Contact Person: Katarzyna Skała
Meeting Email: kreatywni.ug at gmail.com
Web Site: https://kreatywniug.wordpress.com/

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics

Language Family(ies): Slavic Subgroup

Call Deadline: 15-Apr-2019

Meeting Description:

Postgraduate Research Club „Creative Slavdom”
Is pleased to invite to participate in:
III International Scientific Conference
„Slavic boredom and fascination”

When: 31.05-01.06.2019.
Where: Faculty of Languages of the University of Gdańsk, 55 Wita Stwosza
Street, 80-312, Gdańsk, Poland.
Languages of the Conference: all Slavic languages.
Participation Fee: 45 EUR (200 PLN), payment on the account until 05 May 2019.

Does the Slavdom hold any more secrets or maybe further research is just like
an old chestnut? Or maybe even boredom can be fascinating?
We are convinced that in the company of literature lovers, linguistics
enthusiasts, culture passionates and Slavdom devotees, one cannot be bored
stiff. Therefore, we cordially invite you to participate in the
interdisciplinary conference „Slavic boredom and fascination”. Its purpose is
to create a place of discussion and thought exchange between researchers
interested in Slavdom, and also bring attention to the originality of Slavic
cultures and similarities and differences between them.

Call for Papers:

We propose the following themes: boredom and fascination in literature; fans,
rooters and fanatics; compelling research issues; Slavic hobbies and passions;
stereotypes in language and literature; (un)clichéd art; linguistic worldview
of boredom and bore; fascination with Slavdom.
We encourage you to submit subject proposals that are beyond the listed areas.

The organizers provide a possibility to publish the papers in a reviewed
post-conference volume.

The organizers provide a possibility to publish the papers in a reviewed
post-conference volume.
The scientific supervisor of the conference: prof. dr hab. Krystyna Szcześniak

Applications: please fill the application form at the address:
https://kreatywniug.wordpress.com/entry-form/ until 15 April, 2019.

Organizers: Elżbieta Benkowska, Ewelina Lechocka, Joanna Baum, Karolina
Szymczak, Damian Stankiewicz, Agata Słowińska, Katarzyna Skała, Monika Zekić,
Jagoda Kościelniak – kreatywni.ug at gmail.com