30.2202, TOC: Linguistics and the Human Sciences 13 / 1-2 (2017)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue May 28 18:28:38 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2202. Tue May 28 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2202, TOC:  Linguistics and the Human Sciences 13 / 1-2 (2017)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 14:28:32
From: Janet Joyce [jjoyce at equinoxpub.com]
Subject: Linguistics and the Human Sciences Vol. 13, No. 1-2 (2017)

Publisher:	Equinox Publishing Ltd
			http://www.equinoxpub.com/

Journal Title:  Linguistics and the Human Sciences
Volume Number:  13
Issue Number:  1-2
Issue Date:  2017

Main Text:

Linguistics and the Human Sciences

13.1-2 (2017) Table of Contents

Articles
Becoming multi-lingual in Hong Kong: The dilemmas of South Asian Students
Linda Tsung , Eva Yi Hung Lau
Pages 1-19

Rhetorical relations in English and Spanish research articles: An analysis of
introductions and conclusions from the perspective of two functional theories
Daniel Rodríguez-Vergara
Pages 20-46

Motivations for positional variant of reporting clause in English and Chinese:
A systemic-functional comparison based on online news corpus
Shukun Chen
Pages 47-69

Stance-taking and the construal of textual persona in written contexts: Social
Contact revisited
Alexanne Don
Pages 70-95

A functional projection from visual contrast to mode: Creating building blocks
for reading multimodal visual narrative
Xiran Yang
Pages 96-117

An ELL’s journey in learning to demonstrate solidarity in job application
letters
Daniel Portman , Caroline Coffin
Pages 118-149

Use of implicit intertextuality by undergraduate students: Focusing on
Monogloss in argumentative essays
Sook Hee Lee
Pages 150-178

Text complexity as an indicator of translational style: A case study
Hailing Yu , Canzhong Wu
Pages 179-200

Interview with Christian M. I. M. Matthiessen: On translation studies (Part I)
Christian M.I.M. Matthiessen , Bo Wang , Yuanyi Ma
Pages 201-217

                     Discourse Analysis
                     Language Acquisition
                     Linguistic Theories