30.4165, Jobs: Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics: Post Doc, University of Michigan

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 4 16:32:30 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-4165. Mon Nov 04 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.4165, Jobs: Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics: Post Doc, University of Michigan

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 11:31:51
From: Robin Queen [rqueen at umich.edu]
Subject: Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics: Post Doc, University of Michigan, USA

University or Organization: University of Michigan
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Michigan, USA
Web Address: https://lsa.umich.edu/linguistics
Job Title: Research Fellow/PostDoc working on Language Varieties in Minoritized Communities
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics; African American Language or Other Minoritized Language Variety

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Michigan invites
applications for a two-year position, beginning August 31, 2020. We seek
exemplary applicants who hold a Ph.D. in Linguistics or a related field and
whose research has a focus on language varieties used in minoritized
communities. We are particularly interested in research focused on varieties
of African American Language and in applicants who take
theoretical/methodological approaches that draw on language processing,
sociolinguistics, and/or language acquisition. The position, partially endowed
by the journal Language Learning, involves teaching two courses per year and
continuing an innovative research program.

We strongly encourage applications from scholars who hold identities,
perspectives, and experiences that are not widely represented in the academy.
The University of Michigan is home to diverse networks of scholars who offer
support and guidance for newly arrived colleagues whose identities are not
otherwise widely represented here.

The dossier should include:
- A letter of application,
- A curriculum vitae,
- Research and teaching statements,
- One or more representative publications or other writings,
- Evidence of teaching excellence, and
- The names of three recommenders who can address the scholarly promise of the
research program and the applicant’s pedagogical experiences.

To apply, please see the application link provided below.

We request that applicants comment in their application letter and their
statements on how their research, teaching, service, and outreach activities
contribute to enhancing justice, equity, inclusion, and access within
linguistics and higher education more generally.

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2020 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://apply.interfolio.com/70443
Contact Information:
	Professor Robin Queen
	Email: rqueen at umich.edu