30.3840, Jobs: Morphology; Syntax: Assistant Professor, Syracuse University

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 11 16:22:52 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-3840. Fri Oct 11 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.3840, Jobs: Morphology; Syntax: Assistant Professor, Syracuse University

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 12:22:21
From: Marie O'Leary [maoleary at syr.edu]
Subject: Morphology; Syntax: Assistant Professor, Syracuse University, New York, USA

University or Organization: Syracuse University
Department: Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://lll.syr.edu/
Job Title: Assistant Professor of Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Morphology; Syntax; Morphology-syntax interfaces

The Linguistics program in the Department of Languages, Literatures, and
Linguistics at Syracuse University invites applications for a tenure-track
assistant professor of Linguistics. We seek candidates with research interests
in one or more of the following areas of theoretical linguistics: syntax,
morphology, as well as the morphology-syntax interfaces. Interest in formal
semantics and pragmatics highly desirable. The successful candidate will teach
undergraduate and graduate courses in areas related to general linguistic
analysis, morphology, syntax, formal semantics, and pragmatics. Ph.D. in
theoretical linguistics required in hand by August 2020.

The successful candidate will contribute to the core curriculum of the
Linguistics Studies minor, major, and Master of Arts degree programs, to the
linguistic theory concentration, and to the Computational Linguistics M.Sc.
curriculum. Successful candidates will contribute to the department’s and
college’s commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive
environment. A successful applicant must be able to work in a multicultural
environment that reflects our student body and embraces the College’s
commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Applicants must complete a confidential, faculty application, and submit a
letter of application, CV, and contact information for 3 references at the
application link provided below.

For priority consideration, completed application must be received by 12/1/19;
application deadline 12/10/19.

Syracuse University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution,
and we welcome applications from diverse candidates. Women and minorities are
especially encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 10-Dec-2019

Web Address for Applications: https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/81995
Contact Information: