30.3841, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax: Consultant, Gap International

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 11 17:51:01 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-3841. Fri Oct 11 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.3841, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax: Consultant, Gap International

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 13:50:12
From: Melanie Lewis [melanie.lewis at gapinternational.com]
Subject: English; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax: Consultant, Gap International, Pennsylvania, USA

University or Organization: Gap International
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.gapinternational.com/
Job Title: Linguist for Business Application
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Artificial Intelligence Simulation

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Gap International is a global performance consulting company based outside of
Philadelphia. For over four decades, Gap has partnered with executives and
their teams from a wide variety of global, multi-national and mid-sized
companies to shift the mindset of leaders, teams and organizations to produce
extraordinary performance.

At Gap International, linguists are crucial to the ongoing development and
execution of our consulting methodology. We seek a Master's level
Computational Linguist with 2-3 years' experience. Simulation of Artificial
Intelligence and research experience preferred, as well as a strong background
in Semantics and Syntax.

Qualified linguists will examine the correlation between thinking and its
impact on business results and create the opportunity for extraordinary
performance in the study of language. We seek a linguist who will work both
internally for Gap International’s business and externally as a client
consultant.

Consultants may hold a variety of functional and business roles in the
organization. Consultants have three major accountabilities:
- Functional role-- expand upon existing linguistics skillset by leading and
contributing in specific areas of Gap International's business.  Lead in areas
such as research, product innovation, software development and design,
strategy creation and execution, and others
- Client Consulting
- Business Development

What We Offer:
- Purpose-driven work that delivers extraordinary results
- A company that cares deeply about people performing at their best
- An unmatched culture and commitment to ongoing growth and development
- Highly competitive health benefits
- Generous 401k
- Bonus based on company and individual performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- International travel opportunities

Who You Are:
- Wanting fulfilling, purpose-driven work that impacts individuals, teams,
companies, and the world
- Motivated to keep learning, growing, and performing at your best; energized
by continually pushing beyond your comfort zone
- Comfortable with coaching and feedback, curious and flexible
- Persistent and self-motivated, undeterred by setbacks, goal-focused
- Comfortable with ambiguity; eager to take on things you don’t know how to do
- Confident and professional in your ability to contribute thoughts, insights,
and new ideas
- Interested and able to travel domestically and internationally

Location:
Gap International consultants work from our corporate headquarters just
outside Philadelphia.

Gap International Headquarters
700 Old Marple Road
Springfield, PA 19064

Click the URL at the application link below to apply on line.

Web Address for Applications: http://home.gapinternational.com/RuntimeInternetUsers/Runtime/Form/APS.FrontEnd.Apply.Form/?pJobDescID=12
Contact Information:
	Human Resources Associate Melanie M Lewis
	Email: melanie.lewis at gapinternational.com