30.3308, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition / Dual Language Research & Practice Journal (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 3 21:32:58 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-3308. Tue Sep 03 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.3308, Calls:  Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition / Dual Language Research & Practice Journal (Jrnl)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 17:32:51
From: Amin Davoodi [amindavoodi1988 at tamu.edu]

Full Title: Dual Language Research & Practice Journal

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 15-Sep-2019

Call for Papers:

Dual Language Research and Practice Journal (DLRPJ) is a peer-reviewed journal
published by the Center for Research and Development in Dual Language and
Literacy Acquisition (CRDLLA) at Texas A&M University. DLRPJ welcomes
manuscripts that report, synthesize, review, or analyze scholarly inquiry
focusing on dual language, bilingual education, and TESOL.

We are now accepting proposals for a special issue on ''The Effect of
Technology-Enhanced Language Learning on ELL's Achievement, Motivation, and
Engagement''. Specifically, we are interested in research studies that address
any of the following questions:
- How does technology-enhanced language learning affect ELLs' motivation?
- How does technology-enhanced language learning affect ELLs' listening,
speaking, reading, and writing skills?
- How does technology-enhanced language learning affect ELLs' engagement in
class activities?
- How does ELLs' L1 culture affect their attitudes towards technology-enhanced
language learning?
- What are the challenges of technology-enhanced language learning for
teachers and students?
- How do educational policies affect technology-enhanced language learning?

While we acknowledge the difference between ESL and EFL, we do not aim to
target the difference in this special issue. Therefore, studies in both ESL
and EFL contexts are welcome. Similarly, the focus of this special issue is
not on any specific educational technology; rather, we would like to see how
different types of technology affect L2 learning.

Deadline to submit abstracts: September 15
Notification of Acceptance: September 20, 2019
Deadline for Submitting Full Papers: January 1, 2020
Peer Review, Revise/Resubmit: January 30, 2020
Publication date of the special issue: March 2, 2020
Proposal submission link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19hJvcjO4kYrJGIrwEk1X75HvVHwtX5iVpIJfuszdeDo/e
dit
For further information, please email the special issue editor at
amin at tamu.edu.

Best,
Amin Davoodi
Special Issue editor,
Dual Language Research
and Practice Journal (DLRPJ),
Center for Research and Development
in Dual Language and Literacy Acquisition,
Texas A&M University