30.3309, Calls: Philosophy of Language, Pragmatics, Semantics / Inquiry / An Interdisciplinary Journal of Philosophy (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 3 21:33:16 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-3309. Tue Sep 03 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.3309, Calls:  Philosophy of Language, Pragmatics, Semantics / Inquiry / An Interdisciplinary Journal of Philosophy (Jrnl)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 17:33:09
From: Julia Zakkou [julia.zakkou at fu-berlin.de]

Full Title: Inquiry / An Interdisciplinary Journal of Philosophy

Linguistic Field(s): Philosophy of Language; Pragmatics; Semantics

Call Deadline: 01-Nov-2019

We invite submissions for the special issue ''Semantic Variability'' to be
published in Inquiry. An Interdisciplinary Journal of Philosophy.

Editors:
Alexander Dinges (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg)
Erik Stei (Universität Bonn)
Julia Zakkou (Freie Universität Berlin)
Invited contributors:
Karen Lewis (Columbia University)
Gillian Russell (UNC Chapel Hill)
Andreas Stokke (Uppsala Universitet)
Malte Willer (University of Chicago)

We take ''semantic variability'' to cover various new or revived trends in the
investigation of natural language like, for instance, indexicality and
context-sensitivity, polysemy and co-predication, subjectivity and
perspectivity, vagueness and underdetermination.

Questions that we would like to see addressed range from general issues
regarding the nature, kinds, and limits of semantic variability to more
specific questions such as which expressions and constructions feature what
kind of semantic variability. We'd be particularly interested in seeing these
questions tackled from various scientific backgrounds, including philosophy,
linguistics, and psychology.

The special issue is edited by members of the DFG-funded research network
''The semantics and metasemantics of context-sensitive language''. For other
network activities, see http://thesmcsl.wordpress.com/events/.

Manuscripts (no longer than 10,000 words incl. notes and references) should be
submitted online through the Inquiry Editorial Manager by 1 November 2019 at
the latest:
http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/inquiry

Please choose the appropriate article type for your submission by selecting
''SI: Semantic Variability'' from the relevant drop-down menu.

For further details on how to prepare your manuscript, please follow the
''Instructions for Authors'' available on the journal's website:
http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=sinq20&page=ins
tructions

For further information, please contact the editors:
semanticvariability at gmail.com
https://philevents.org/event/show/72650