30.3525, Calls: Anthro Ling, Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition, Psycholing/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 19 10:03:03 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-3525. Thu Sep 19 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.3525, Calls: Anthro Ling, Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition, Psycholing/USA

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 06:01:31
From: Chelsey Norman [crnorma2 at illinois.edu]
Subject: 12th Annual Meeting of the Illinois Language and Linguistics Society

Full Title: 12th Annual Meeting of the Illinois Language and Linguistics Society
Short Title: ILLS12

Date: 28-Feb-2020 - 29-Feb-2020
Location: Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, USA
Contact Person: Chelsey Norman
Meeting Email: ills-conference at illinois.edu
Web Site: http://ills.linguistics.illinois.edu

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 20-Nov-2019

Meeting Description:

The Illinois Language and Linguistics Society (ILLS) annual conference is
proud to be entirely student-organized and operated by the Linguistics Student
Organization at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It is a
general linguistics conference open to all subfields and primarily encourages
the submission of abstracts by graduate students.

Call for Papers:

We are pleased to announce that submissions are now open for the 12th Annual
Meeting of the Illinois Language and Linguistics Society (ILLS12), which will
be held from February 28-29, 2020 at the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign. ILLS is an annual graduate student-run conference aimed
primarily at providing graduate and advanced undergraduate students a friendly
venue in which to present and discuss research on any topic related to
language and linguistics.

ILLS a general linguistics conference open to any and all submission relating
to language and linguistics. The conference theme for ILLS 12 is “Language
Across the Life Span.” Submissions related to this theme are especially
encouraged, though submissions are not limited to this theme. We primarily
encourage submissions from graduate and undergraduate students. We hold that
an interdisciplinary exchange of ideas and a collaborative approach to
language from a multitude of avenues is fundamental to the advancement of
language research and the subsequent understanding of our world, cultures, and
societies.

Abstract Submissions

To submit an abstract, please visit: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/ILLS12

Submissions are limited to single-author abstract and one multi-author
abstract, OR two multi-author abstracts. First and presenting authors must be
students.

Abstracts should be a maximum of 500 words, with one extra page allowed for
images, data, and/or references. Full references are not necessary; please use
the (Author, Year) format. Abstracts should be submitted via EasyAbs on
LinguistList.org in PDF format with NO IDENTIFYING INFORMATION of the
presenter in the document.

Submissions will close on November 20, 2019.

Authors will be notified of abstract decisions in December 2019.

For more details, please visit our website
(http://ills.linguistics.illinois.edu/) or contact us at
ills-conference at illinois.edu