30.3549, Calls: Computational Linguistics, Text/Corpus Linguistics/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 20 10:17:41 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-3549. Fri Sep 20 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.3549, Calls: Computational Linguistics, Text/Corpus Linguistics/Germany

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 06:16:31
From: Beatrix Busse [sekretariat_busse at as.uni-heidelberg.de]
Subject: 41st ICAME Conference

Full Title: 41st ICAME Conference
Short Title: ICAME 41

Date: 20-May-2020 - 24-May-2020
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Contact Person: Beatrix Busse
Meeting Email: icame at as.uni-heidelberg.de
Web Site: https://icame41.as.uni-heidelberg.de

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Dec-2019

Meeting Description:

We are happy to announce the 41st ICAME at the English Department of
Heidelberg University from May 20–24, 2020. The conference theme is “Language
and Linguistics in a Complex World: Data, Interdisciplinary, Transfer, and the
Next Generation”.

ICAME is an international conference for corpus-based approaches to English.
ICAME 41 will, following and extending the traditions of the conference, offer
six presentation and exchange formats: (i) plenaries, (ii) pre-conference
workshops, (iii) poster presentations, (iv) paper presentations including
work-in-progress reports and software demos, (v) a panel discussion, and (vi)
a new 2h-workshop session “Corpus linguistics goes public”.

We are happy to announce the following keynote speakers in alphabetical order,
who will be giving plenaries at ICAME 41:

Laurence Anthony (Waseda University, Japan)
Douglas Biber (Northern Arizona University, USA)
Laurel Brinton (University of British Columbia, Canada)
Berenike Herrmann (University of Basel, Switzerland)
Miriam Meyerhoff (Victoria University Wellington, New Zealand)

Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts for the following presentation formats:

- Full paper (20 + 10 mins discussion)
- Work-in-progress report (10 + 5 mins discussion)
- Software demonstration (30 mins)
- Poster (incl. a 5-minute presentation in the plenary poster session)

Abstracts must be anonymized and not exceed 500 words (incl. references). They
should clearly state research question(s), approach, method, data and
(expected) results. Authors are allowed to submit two abstracts if at least
one paper is co-authored. We accept submissions via EasyChair until December
15, 2019. Please goto https://icame41.as.uni-heidelberg.de to find further
information.

Notification of acceptance will be sent by mid-January.

Call for Workshop Proposals:

We also invite proposals for pre-conference workshops held on Wednesday, May
20, 2020.

If you would like to convene a workshop, please send your proposal to
icame at as.uni-heidelberg.de by October 15, 2019. Notifications of acceptance
will be sent out by early November 2019. If accepted, workshop conveners will
be responsible for calls (deadline: December 15, 2019) and peer-review (by
January 10, 2020).

For more information about the conference theme and the location visit our
website
(icame41.as.uni-heidelberg.de) or engage with us on Twitter (@icame41,
#icame41).

We look forward to your submissions and to welcoming you in Heidelberg next
year.