31.1301, Calls: Italian; Computational Linguistics/Italy

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 9 01:25:04 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1301. Wed Apr 08 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1301, Calls: Italian; Computational Linguistics/Italy

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 21:23:56
From: JOHANNA MONTI [johmonti at gmail.com]
Subject: CLIC-IT 2020 Seventh Italian Conference on Computational Linguistics

Full Title: CLIC-IT 2020 Seventh Italian Conference on Computational Linguistics
Short Title: CLIC-IT 2020

Date: 30-Nov-2020 - 02-Dec-2020
Location: Bologna, Italy
Contact Person: Johanna Monti
Meeting Email: jmonti at unior.it
Web Site: http://clic2020.ilc.cnr.it/it/home/

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics

Subject Language(s): Italian (ita)

Call Deadline: 15-Jul-2020

Meeting Description:

The Italian Conference on Computational Linguistics, CLiC-it, aims at
establishing a reference forum for the Italian community of researchers
working in the fields of Computational Linguistics (CL) and Natural Language
Processing (NLP). CLiC-it promotes and disseminates high-level, original
research on all aspects of automatic language processing, both written and
spoken, and targets state-of-the-art theoretical results, experimental
methodologies, technologies, as well as application perspectives.

The spirit of the conference is inclusive. In the conviction that the
complexity of language phenomena needs cross-disciplinary competences, CLiC-it
intends to bring together researchers of related disciplines such as
Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Linguistics, Cognitive
Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Knowledge Representation,
Information Retrieval, and Digital Humanities. CLiC-it is open to
contributions on all languages, with a particular emphasis on Italian.

The seventh edition of CLiC-it will be held in Bologna, on November 30th –
December 2nd, 2020. The conference will be followed by EVALITA 2020
(http://www.evalita.it/2020), the 7th evaluation campaign of Natural Language
Processing and speech tools for the Italian language. Both CLiC-it and EVALITA
are initiatives of the Italian Association of Computational Linguistics (AILC
— http://www.ai-lc.it). We know, due to the COVID-19 pandemia, the situation
is uncertain, but we have to think positively, think about rebuilding and
reinforcing the community and therefore we believe that we can all see each
other in December in Bologna enjoying the event and, if we eventually cannot
do it, we will set up some technical solution to make it electronically and
publish the proceedings. This important moment for exchanging thoughts, works,
solutions and affect will be preserved, in some way.

Call for Papers:

The conference invites the submission of papers on all aspects of automated
language processing. Relevant topics for the conference include, but are not
limited to, the following areas:
 - Dialogue, Discourse and Natural Language Generation
 - Information Extraction, Information Retrieval and Question Answering
 - Language Resources and Evaluation
 - Language and Cognition
 - Linguistic Issues in CL and NLP
 - Machine Learning for NLP
 - Machine Translation and Multilinguality
 - Morphology and Syntax Processing
 - NLP for Digital Humanities
 - NLP for Web and Social Media
 - Pragmatics and Creativity
 - Research and Industrial NLP Applications
 - Semantics and Knowledge Representation
 - Spoken Language Processing and Automatic Speech Understanding
 - Vision, Robotics, Multimodal and Grounding
CLiC-it 2020 has the goal of a broad technical program. We invite papers in
theoretical computational linguistics, empirical/data-driven approaches,
resources and their evaluation, as well as NLP applications and tools. We also
invite papers describing a challenge in the field, position papers, survey
papers, and papers that describe a negative result.

We are also favouring a parallel submission policy for outstanding papers that
have been submitted and accepted elsewhere in 2020. If you are the author of a
paper accepted at a major international CL conference or journal in 2020, you
can present your work at CLiC-it 2020 in the form of a short research
communication, within a dedicated session at the conference. Research
communications will not be published in the proceedings, but are mostly
intended to enforce dissemination of excellence in research within the Italian
CL community.

Submission Format:
Papers may consist of up to four (4) pages of content, and two (2) additional
pages of references. Papers can be either in English or Italian, with the
abstract both in English and Italian. Accepted papers will be published
on-line and will be presented at the conference either orally or as a poster.
For research communications (see above) a two (2) page abstract is required.
The deadline for all types of submissions is July 15, 2020.

Submissions should follow the ACL two-column format. We strongly recommend the
use of LaTeX style files or Microsoft Word style files according to the ACL
format, which will be available on the conference website under “Information
for Authors”. Submission must be electronic in PDF, using the Easychair
submission software (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=clicit2020).

Reviewing will NOT be blind, so there is no need to remove author information
from manuscripts.

Important Dates:
15/07/2020: Paper submission deadline
23/09/2020: Notification to authors of reviewing outcome
15/10/2020: Camera ready version of accepted papers
30/11 — 2/12 2020: CLiC-it Conference, Bologna

Program co-chairs:
Felice Dell’Orletta (Istituto di Linguistica Computazionale “A.Zampolli” –
CNR)
Johanna Monti (Università di Napoli “L’Orientale”)
Fabio Tamburini (Università di Bologna)

Conference website: http://clic2020.ilc.cnr.it/

Mail: clicit2020 at gmail.com