31.2586, FYI: New editors John Benjamins journal IJOLC

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Aug 16 22:20:38 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-2586. Sun Aug 16 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.2586, FYI: New editors John Benjamins journal IJOLC

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 18:20:33
From: Karin Plijnaar [karin.plijnaar at benjamins.nl]
Subject: New editors John Benjamins journal IJOLC

John Benjamins would like to extend a warm welcome to Esther Pascual (Zhejiang
University) and Vera da Silva Sinha (University of Las Palmas de Gran
Canaria)as the new journal editors of our International Journal of Language
and Culture.  It was with great sadness when we heard of the passing of Farzad
Sharifian in May 2020, and we are grateful to be able to continue his legacy
and research on Cultural Linguistics with the new journal editors.

The aim of the International Journal of Language and Culture (IJoLC) is to
disseminate cutting-edge research that explores the interrelationship between
language and culture. The journal is multidisciplinary in scope and seeks to
provide a forum for researchers interested in the interaction between language
and culture across several disciplines, including linguistics, anthropology,
applied linguistics, psychology and cognitive science. The journal publishes
high-quality, original and state-of-the-art articles that may be theoretical
or empirical in orientation and that advance our understanding of the
intricate relationship between language and culture. IJoLC is a peer-reviewed
journal published twice a year.

Topics of interest to IJoLC include, but are not limited to the following:
a. Culture and the structure of language,
b. Language, culture, and conceptualisation,
c. Language, culture, and politeness,
d. Language, culture, and emotion,
e. Culture and language development,
f. Language, culture, and communication.

ISSN: 2214-3157
E-ISSN: 2214-3165

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics
                     Applied Linguistics
                     Cognitive Science
                     Pragmatics