31.3800, Calls: Psycholing/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 10 04:30:08 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3800. Wed Dec 09 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3800, Calls: Psycholing/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 23:29:45
From: David Wirthmüller [wirthmue at uni-muenster.de]
Subject: Münster Conference Linguistic Representations and Language Processing

Full Title: Münster Conference Linguistic Representations and Language Processing
Short Title: LIRLAP

Date: 25-Mar-2021 - 27-Mar-2021
Location: Münster (Online), Germany
Contact Person: David Wirthmüller
Meeting Email: wirthmue at uni-muenster.de

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 01-Feb-2021

Meeting Description:

The Graduate School of Empirical and Applied Linguistics (GSEAL) at WWU
Münster will be hosting a digital conference on Linguistic Representations and
Language Processing (LIRLAP) with a special focus on currently used methods
and approaches. Our 3-day conference will take place on March, 25-27, 2021 via
Zoom. We highly encourage junior/early stage career researchers interested in
psycholinguistics, language acquisition and cognitive linguistics to submit
their contributions.

Keynote speakers:
We are delighted to announce that the following distinguished speakers have
agreed to give a keynote presentation at our digital conference:
 - Professor Dr. Bettina Braun, University of Konstanz
Research areas: form and function of intonation, psycholinguistics,
experimental methods
 - Dr. Stefanie Jannedy, Leibniz-Centre General Linguistics (ZAS)
Research areas: Register knowledge in varieties of German, phonology
 - Professor Dr. Katharina Spalek, Humboldt-University Berlin
Research areas: Focus alternatives, lexical competition
 - Professor Dr. Sarah Schimke, TU Dortmund University
Research ares: Pronoun resolution, L2 acquisition of German syntax

Call for Papers:

Timeline:
1.Dec.2020 - 1.Feb.2021 – abstract submission;
15.Feb.2021 – notification of acceptance;
1.March.2021 – a complete conference program is available on the conference
website (currently under construction);
March, 25-27, 2021 – we finally have a chance to attend your digital talks and
get together for fruitful discussions.

Abstract submission information:
Abstracts for 20-minute presentations should be submitted as PDF-Files via
EasyChair and should not exceed 400 words. Additional information, e.g.
references, examples, figures and tables may be provided on an additional page
and will not be included to the abstract word count. Make sure your name and
affiliation are not included in your abstract PDF-document. You can submit
your abstract here: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=lirlap2021

Academic programme:
We invite works aimed at exploring different disciplinary approaches to all
areas of cognitive linguistics and psycholinguistics. The contributions should
provide insights into how the chosen linguistic phenomenon is represented in
the mental lexicon and/or how it is being processed or retrieved during speech
production and comprehension. We are also interested in your contributions on
how specific linguistic categories evolve during the process of L1 and Ln
acquisition and language learning, including the research questions related to
language processing in multilingual speakers. Our particular interest is
methods currently used (or newly introduced) for studying cognitive processes
at different levels of language, from phonological representations to
discourse structures. Therefore we welcome contributions focusing on the
development of stimuli, useful tools and software in research, as well as best
practice examples in interdisciplinary studies. We emphasise that we encourage
early career researchers and graduate students to submit their work even if
their research project is not in its final stage yet, since the conference’s
main focus is on methods and currently used approaches.