31.3801, Support: General Linguistics: Open, University of Toronto

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 10 17:05:04 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3801. Thu Dec 10 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3801, Support: General Linguistics: Open, University of Toronto

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 12:04:47
From: Yoonjung Kang [gradlin at chass.utoronto.ca]
Subject: General Linguistics: Open, University of Toronto, Canada

 Institution/Organization: University of Toronto
Department: Department of Linguistics
Web Address: https://linguistics.utoronto.ca/

Level: Open

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Toronto invites
applications for admission to our MA and PhD programs for Fall 2021.  New this
year, exceptional students with a bachelor’s degree may be considered for our
new direct-entry PhD program as well as the MA program. Students with an MA
degree in linguistics can apply to our regular PhD program.

All graduate students in our program receive funding packages of no less than
$18,500 (2021-22), plus tuition and fees, for one year in the MA program, four
years in the regular PhD program, and five years in the new direct-entry PhD
program. Additional funding is often available through Research Assistantships
on the many funded faculty research projects and Teaching Assistantships, as
well as research and travel grants.

The deadline for applications is January 8, 2021, with all supplementary
documents due by January 11, 2021. Late applications may not receive full
consideration.

For more information about our program and application instructions, please
visit https://linguistics.utoronto.ca/, and click on the "Graduate" link.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Graduate Administrator
at linguistics at utoronto.ca.

Web Address for Applications: https://apply.sgs.utoronto.ca/

Contact Information:
	Professor Yoonjung Kang