31.677, Calls: Applied Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Acquisition, Translation/Czech Republic

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 17 17:41:50 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-677. Mon Feb 17 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.677, Calls: Applied Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Acquisition, Translation/Czech Republic

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 12:41:14
From: Eva Nováková [eva.novakova at upol.cz]
Subject: 21st International Meeting of Young Linguists

Full Title: 21st International Meeting of Young Linguists

Date: 11-May-2020 - 13-May-2020
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Contact Person: Božena Bednaříková
Meeting Email: mladi.lingviste at upol.cz
Web Site: http://mladilingviste.upol.cz/?lang=en

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Translation

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 13-Apr-2020

Meeting Description:

You are cordially invited to the annual International Meeting of Young
Linguists held at Palacký University, Olomouc, Faculty of Arts.
This year's main topic is ''Language(s) United and Separated'' and the
research questions to be discussed are the following:
- Can words unite or separate the society?
- How strong are words? How strong are we on using our mother tongue?
- How does a choice of words affect public opinion?
- Are the public speeches products of one speaker only? Who speaks for the
famous?
- Is there a boundary between standard and non-standard language?
- Can modern technologies abuse the language?
- How do we use language abroad? What is the language of our body like?

Call for Papers:

The participants are required to hold M.A. (Mgr.) or PhD degree (neither
lower, nor higher). The programme will include:
(1) papers on the main or related topics
(2) papers discussed in round table sessions: Diachronic Workshop; Czech as
the Second Language; Language and Translation; Language in Media; “. . . in
words a human is clothed in”: Language in Cognitive Perspective.

Abstract submission will be via the registration form (coming soon to our
website). Abstract submission + standard registration deadline is April 13,
2020. Notification of acceptance will be on April 30, 2020.

Registration forms and further details are available at the conference
website. The conference fee is 1,200 CZK (it will be used to cover the costs
associated with the publication of conference proceedings).