31.778, Summer Schools: FieldLing - Introduction to linguistic fieldwork / France

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 25 01:24:59 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-778. Mon Feb 24 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.778, Summer Schools:  FieldLing - Introduction to linguistic fieldwork / France

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 20:24:51
From: Marc Allassonnière-Tang [marc.tang at univ-lyon2.fr]

FieldLing - Introduction to linguistic fieldwork/France

Host Institution: CNRS
Coordinating Institution: CNRS
Website: https://fieldling.sciencesconf.org/

Dates: 07-Sep-2020 - 11-Sep-2020
Location: Paris-Villejuif, Ile-de-France, France

Focus: Linguistic Fieldwork
Minimum Education Level: BA

We are happy to announce the 12th edition of FieldLing, jointly organized by
the research labs LLACAN , SeDyL, and LACITO, which will take place on
September 7th-11th, 2020, on the CNRS campus at Villejuif, near Paris.

FieldLing is an introduction to linguistic fieldwork. It aims primarily at
Master and doctoral students in General Linguistics, but may also be
interesting to students in anthropology and other social sciences planning to
do fieldwork. Fieldling is included in the studies program of INALCO and Paris
3.

As in previous years, the programme of 2020 will include training sessions on
general linguistics (e.g., morphosyntax and typology), fieldwork preparation
(e.g., stimuli and recording), fieldwork itself (practice sessions with native
speakers of different languages), and data structuring (e.g., how to write a
dictionary or a grammar). Please refer to our official website for additional
information:  https://fieldling.sciencesconf.org/. The website will be updated
regularly, so please follow our latest news on it.

The languages of the summer school are English and French. Knowledge of both
languages is recommended.

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation
                      Lexicography
                      Morphology
                      Phonology
                      Syntax
                      Typology

Tuition: 0 EUR

Tuition Explanation: Registration is free

Registration: 17-Feb-2020 to 30-Apr-2020

Contact Person: Marc Allassonnière-Tang
                Email: marc.tang at univ-lyon2.fr

Apply on the web: https://fieldling.sciencesconf.org/user/submissions

Registration Instructions:
Please register at the summer school website by uploading your CV.