31.812, Calls: Cog Sci, Lang Acquisition, Neuroling, Psycholing/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 26 16:57:03 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-812. Wed Feb 26 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.812, Calls: Cog Sci, Lang Acquisition, Neuroling, Psycholing/USA

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 11:56:25
From: Danielle Dionne [langconf at bu.edu]
Subject: The 45th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development

Full Title: The 45th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development
Short Title: BUCLD

Date: 05-Nov-2020 - 08-Nov-2020
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Contact Person: Danielle Dionne
Meeting Email: langconf at bu.edu
Web Site: http://www.bu.edu/bucld/

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 01-Apr-2020

Meeting Description:

THE 45th ANNUAL BOSTON UNIVERSITY CONFERENCE ON LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT
NOVEMBER 5-8, 2020

Keynote Speaker: Reiko Mazuka (RIKEN Center for Brain Science)
Plenary Speaker: Adele Goldberg (Princeton University)

General conference information is available at: http://www.bu.edu/bucld

We encourage submissions from scholars in countries affected by the new travel
restrictions. We will arrange remote presentation for accepted abstracts by
scholars who are unable to attend for this reason.

Questions? Email us at: langconf at bu.edu.

Call for Papers:

We will be accepting two kinds of submissions: symposium proposals (due April
1) and abstracts for 20-minute talks or posters (beginning April 1, due May
1).

Call for Symposium Proposals:
We are currently soliciting 1000-word proposals for a 90-minute symposium at
the Boston University Conference on Language Development on any topic likely
to be of broad interest to the conference attendees.

Proposals should include a list of the participants, topics, and format, and
should name at least one organizer. Send submissions to langconf at bu.edu with
''Symposium proposal'' in the subject line.

Deadline: All symposium proposal submissions must be received by April 1,
2020. Symposium decisions will be made by June.

Call for Abstracts:
Submissions of 500-word abstracts for 20-minute talks and posters will be
accepted beginning April 1, 2020 at:
http://www.bu.edu/bucld/abstracts/abstract-submission/

Deadline: All abstract submissions must be received by 8:00 PM EST, May 1,
2020. Please note this is an earlier deadline than in previous years.

Submissions that present research on any topic in the fields of first, second,
and additional language acquisition from any theoretical perspectives will be
fully considered.

Abstracts must be limited to 500 words, with up to one extra page for
examples, figures, tables, and references (for a total length of no more than
two pages). A suggested format and style for abstracts is available at:
http://www.bu.edu/bucld/abstracts/abstract-format/