31.29, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Psycholinguistics/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 3 01:03:04 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-29. Thu Jan 02 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.29, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Psycholinguistics/Poland

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2020 20:02:28
From: Ola Majchrzak [omajchrzak at ahe.lodz.pl]
Subject: SEN. Teaching Students with Special Educational Needs

Full Title: SEN. Teaching Students with Special Educational Needs

Date: 04-Apr-2020 - 05-Apr-2020
Location: Lodz, Poland
Contact Person: Ola Majchrzak
Meeting Email: nikej at ahe.lodz.pl

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 16-Feb-2020

Meeting Description:

The aim of the conference is, besides examining the latest research trends in
the area of special educational needs, to place them in a broader narrative
about how our understanding and perception of the learning challenges may
affect the quality of therapeutic interventions. We would also like to open a
discussion about efficacy of assistance offered to SEN children in regular
school environments. Moreover, we want to examine closely the lifelong social
and economic consequences of learning difficulties. The conference will be an
opportunity to look at the intertwined aspects of neurodiversity, self-esteem,
stress and motivation. We will also examine the positive examples of
successful practices involving students with SLDs. Hopefully, by the end of
the conference we will rediscover and maybe redefine the role and the impact
of teaching quality in the context of SEN.

We will look at all aspects of SEN. Thus, we would like to invite scholars (in
particular psycholinguists, linguists, psychologists and educationalists),
academics, representatives of educational authorities, school teachers and
practitioners working in the area of education, to give presentations on
teaching and learning where challenges are not only greater, but they may have
a snowball effect.

Call for Papers:

The conference topics will comprise:

- Developmental dyslexia
- Dyspraxia
- Speech therapy
- Specific Language Impairment (SLI)

- Dyscalculia
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety and mental health
- Neurodiversity
- Motivation
- Procrastination

Other related topics will also be taken into consideration.

Abstracts:

Please send an abstract of your presentation:
- regular paper (20 minutes + 10 minutes for discussion)
- poster

in Polish or English to: nikej at ahe.lodz.pl

by 16 February 2020.

The abstract should be between 200 and 250 words long and should include the
title of the article, the first name and surname of the participant, e-mail
address and affiliation. These details should be provided in the attached
registration form.

All proposals are subject to a review process and prospective participants
will be informed by e-mail if their proposal has been accepted by 23 February
2020.

Registration and Conference Fees:

Conference participants should register and transfer the conference fee (400
PLN or 100 EUROS) by 8 March 2020.
The conference fee includes dinner, coffee breaks, conference materials as
well as the cost of publication.
More information concerning transfer details will be provided on the
conference website: nikej.ahe.lodz.pl.