31.388, Qs: PhD - Irish, Scottish and Welsh printed press

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 28 02:15:46 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-388. Mon Jan 27 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.388, Qs:  PhD - Irish, Scottish and Welsh printed press

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 21:15:29
From: Artem Machulis [Artem-PHD at yandex.ru]
Subject: PhD - Irish, Scottish and Welsh printed press

Good day, dear colleagues!

I am writing my PhD thesis ''The role of local words in publicistic style
(based on Irish, Scottish and Welsh press)''.
The material which I am to examine is not very easy to find using web
resources (it is mostly because of search resources in search results in my
country) only as there is not much LOCAL press samples given. By now could I
only find samples of huge newspapers such as ''The Aberdeen citizen'', ''The
Cardiff Times'', ''Irish independent'' etc., but these samples do not fully
satisfy my demands and the amount of material is not enough as i have to find
''most local'' words used in press. By saying ''most local'' I mean that such
words could only be found in any type of printed press in different cities of
Ireland, Wales and Scotland. I do not want you to find these words I only ask
you if you have any similar material.

To summaries, I seek for any kind of LOCAL printed press material dated in a
period of 2005-2020 of any city of Ireland, Wales and Scotland (big or small
doesn't matter... Small is even better i think). Press samples may be from the
suburbs (it would be perfect!) of the city or even from any local
organisation, company... Newspapers, newsletters, magazines, brochures or even
flyers - this is what i have to find.

I want to ask everyone who could help me with my work about any pictures or
scans or links which could be useful for me - please, share!

P.S. Any publicistic printed material about Brexit period would suite
perfectly too

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who may be interested in participating.

Feel free to write here or e-mail me.
Thanks everyone in advance!

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)