31.2181, Confs: Gen Ling/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jul 6 16:42:22 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-2181. Mon Jul 06 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.2181, Confs: Gen Ling/USA

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 12:42:00
From: Akshay Aitha [aitha at uchicago.edu]
Subject: 57th Meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society

57th Meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society
Short Title: CLS 57

Date: 06-May-2021 - 08-May-2021
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Contact: Akshay Aitha
Contact Email: chicagolinguisticsociety.cls57 at gmail.com

The Chicago Linguistic Society is the oldest student-run linguistics
organization in the United States. Our yearly conference has occurred almost
every year since the first iteration in 1965. This academic year, CLS will
hold its 57th annual meeting, which will be held from May 6 to May 8, 2021.
More details (invited speakers, call for papers, website) will follow.

COVID-19: While we are aiming for this conference to be held in-person next
May, we are also considering hosting CLS online this year. A final decision
will be made closer to the starting date of the event, with attention paid to
the evolving situation and to the preferences of the participants.