31.1564, Disc: Sinophobia and Racism against Chinese & Asians amid COVID-19

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat May 9 20:53:25 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1564. Sat May 09 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1564, Disc: Sinophobia and Racism against Chinese & Asians amid COVID-19

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Yiwen Zhang <yiwen at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 16:53:15
From: Yin Lam Lee-Johnson [yleejohnson31 at webster.edu]

Dear All,
I am conducting an online survey research about Sinophobia (fear and hate
against people of Chinese descent) and Racism against Chinese and Asians in
the global context due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The findings of this study
will help disrupt the status quo of hate and fear that exists in schools,
universities, and our communities in the global context. It is important to
create allyship and advocacy for fighting against microaggression,
discrimination, and hate for the betterment of humanity.
Here is the link to the anonymous survey:
https://webster.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b29Mz0Sy4hzutX7

我现正做一项线上问卷调查,目的是收集全球由于Covid-19冠状病毒引起的针对华人和亚裔人士的仇外事件。此项调查的结论能抗衡在全球的学校,大学,及社会上反华
和仇外的现况。本人认为在此时,首要任务是我们要连结起来对抗歧视及仇外的情绪,从而体现人类文明和公义。
不记名问卷链接:https://webster.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b29Mz0Sy4hzutX7

Subject Language(s): English (eng)