31.1590, Confs: Altaic; Gen Ling, Ling Theories, Pragmatics, Semantics, Syntax/Mongolia

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 13 01:28:00 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1590. Tue May 12 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1590, Confs: Altaic; Gen Ling, Ling Theories, Pragmatics, Semantics, Syntax/Mongolia

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 21:26:28
From: Sergei Tatevosov [tatevosov at gmail.com]
Subject: 16th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics

16th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics
Short Title: WAFL 16

Date: 24-Sep-2020 - 26-Sep-2020
Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Contact: Lkhagvademchig Jadamba
Contact Email: lkhagvademchig at num.edu.mn
Meeting URL: http://ims-num.org/workshop-on-altaic-formal-linguistics-wafl-162

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Linguistic Theories; Pragmatics; Semantics; Syntax

Language Family(ies): Altaic
Meeting Description:

***WAFL 16 postponed***

After careful deliberation with the host institution, National University of
Mongolia, we have decided to postpone WAFL 16 for one year, to September
23-25, 2021, due to the pandemic. National University of Mongolia has kindly
agreed to host it. We will announce the deadline for abstract submission in
the summer.

This was a difficult decision arrived at after discussions with a number
people and groups. In the end, we decided that the safety of the participants
cannot be compromised in any way.

We hope to see you at WAFL 16 in 2021 in Mongolia!

WAFL Organizing Committee

Original Conference Posting:

The National University of Mongolia, Institute for Mongolian Studies and
Department of Linguistics, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, is delighted to announce
that it will host the 16th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics.

The invited speakers so far are:
Heejeong Ko, Seoul National University
Norvin Richards, MIT