31.1610, FYI: WAASAP 5 -- NEW DATES: 10-11 December 2020

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu May 14 16:47:04 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1610. Thu May 14 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1610, FYI:  WAASAP 5 -- NEW DATES: 10-11 December 2020

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 12:46:58
From: Urtzi Etxeberria [urtzi.etxeberria at iker.cnrs.fr]
Subject: WAASAP 5 -- NEW DATES: 10-11 December 2020

Workshop on Aspect and Argument Structure of Adverbs/Adjectives and
Prepositions/Participles WASSAP5

SUSPENDED FOR JUNE

Due to Covid-19 and in the midst of the situation that the world is in,
WAASAP5 is postponed to DECEMBER 10-11, 2020. We hope that by then, there will
be no problems in holding the workshop.

NEW CALL DEADLINE: 30-Sept-2020

We will keep you timely informed

We apologize for all the inconveniences and we thank you for your
understanding

Call for Papers:

WASSAP5 welcomes, together with other topics that have been showcased in
previous editions, research on the relation between perspective and argument
structure. The role of perspective, instantiated along the mental, spatial,
and/or temporal dimensions, can be observed in linguistic phenomena ranging
from certain types of anaphora (Clements 1975, Sells 1987, Speas 2004,
Sundaresan 2012, Pearson 2013), to psych predications (Adger & Ramchand 2005,
Landau 2009) and so-called “taste”-predicates (Stephenson 2010), and more
generally, in linguistic phenomena regulating clausal finiteness and selection
(Sigurdsson 2004, Speas & Tenny 2003, Bianchi 2003, Wiltschko 2014). We seek
works that approach the internal structure of verbs and participles, adverbs
and prepositions, and explore the way perspective shifts relate to the
internal structure of those predicates, as well as to the syntactic and
semantic context in which they are embedded. Among the questions that the role
of perspective raises in such contexts are: (a) how linguistic perspective is
formally represented, (b) how differences and similarities between the
different types of perspective (mental, temporal, spatial, modal) are
grammatically encoded, (c) how the instantiation of perspective may differ
relative to grammatical phenomena (perspectival anaphora is possible in the
scope of spatial, temporal and mental predicates in Tamil, but only along a
spatial dimension in Norwegian, Sundaresan and Pearson, 2014).

Submission guidelines:
Please submit your abstracts to the following email address:
wassap5.baiona2020 at gmail.com

We invite abstract submissions from all theoretical frameworks discussing
these and related issues.

Presentations will be 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion.

Submissions are limited to two per author, with at most one paper being
single-authored. A poster session might be added in the program depending on
the number of submissions.

Abstracts, including references and data, must not exceed two A4 pages in
length with 2.5 cm (1 inch) margins on all sides, set in Times New Roman 12pt.
Examples, tables, graphs, etc. must be interspersed into the text of the
abstract.

Important dates:
Deadline for abstract submission: September 30, 2020.
Notification of acceptance: October 15, 2020.
Date of the workshop: December 10-11, 2020.

Scientific Committee:
Alexiadou, A. (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin)
Arche, M.J. (University of Greenwich)
Arsenijević, B. (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
Borer, H. (Queen Mary, University of London)
Cabredo, P. (CNRS – Université Paris 8)
Castroviejo, E. (University of the Basque Country)
Etxeberria, U. (CNRS – IKER, UMR5478)
Etxepare, R. (CNRS – IKER, UMR5478)
Fábregas, A. (University of Tromsø)
Gallego, A. (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
Gehrke, B. (CNRS – Université Paris 7)
Iordachioaia, G. (Universität Stuttgart)
Marín, R. (CNRS – Université de Lille)
Martin, F. (Universität Stuttgart)
McNally, L. (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
Piñón, C. (Université de Lille)
Oltra-Massuet, I. (Universitat Rovira i Virgili)
Roy, I. (Université Paris 8)
Sassoon, G. (Bar Ilan University)
Schäfer, F. (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin)
Soare, E. (Université Paris 8)
Spencer, A. (University of Essex)

Local Organization Committee:
Urtzi Etxeberria
Ricardo Etxepare

Contact:
wassap5.baiona2020 at gmail.com

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition
                     Morphology
                     Psycholinguistics
                     Semantics
                     Syntax