31.1796, Jobs: English; Hindi; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Cerence India Pvt Ltd.

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri May 29 16:20:19 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1796. Fri May 29 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1796, Jobs: English; Hindi; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Cerence India Pvt Ltd.

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 12:19:45
From: Aditya Shanker [aditya.shanker at cerence.com]
Subject: English; Hindi; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Cerence India Pvt Ltd., Pune, India

University or Organization: Cerence India Pvt Ltd.
Department: R&D
Job Location: Pune, India
Web Address: https://www.cerence.com/
Job Title: Manager Language Development
Job Rank: Manager

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Indus Valley Language

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      Hindi (hin)

Cerence is a global leader in AI-powered virtual assistants for mobility,
based on speech, NLU, gaze, and gesture tracking technologies. Within the
text-to-speech R&D group, we are seeking a Languages Development team manager
for immediate hire in our Pune, India location.

In this role, you and your small team of computational linguists will work on
improving, maintaining, correcting and extending our extensive languages
portfolio, which is a crucial part of Cerence's leading text-to-speech
technology and applications.

In close cooperation with our EMEA-based Languages Team, it is your
responsibility that deliverable targets are clearly agreed and specified,
accurately planned, well executed and delivered in time. Your responsibility
also includes developing and growing your team in technical skills, process
knowledge, output quality and productivity. You can lead by example,
demonstrate a problem-solving attitude, and love to motivate people in a
stimulating and respectful working environment.

Requested linguistic skills:
- Native speaker of Hindi and English
- Knowledge of 2 other or more majority languages spoken in India is a strong
plus
- MSc or PhD degree in Computational Linguistics or equivalent
- Background in linguistic theories of and corpus-based approaches to syntax,
morphology, prosody, phonetics, phonology
- 2 years or more of professional experience in natural language processing
development

Required managerial skills:
- 4 year or more of professional experience in leading teams
- Outstanding communication skills
- Passive knowledge of 2 or more other languages

To apply, please send your resume to the application email provided below and
see the application link provided below.

Application Deadline: 30-Jun-2020 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: sandeep.bhalke at cerence.com
Web Address for Applications: https://cerence.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Cerence/job/Pune/Manager-Language-Development_R0000811
Contact Information
	Sandeep Bhalke