31.3484, Support: General Linguistics: PhD, University of South Carolina

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 12 22:13:23 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3484. Thu Nov 12 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3484, Support: General Linguistics: PhD, University of South Carolina

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 17:13:02
From: Elaine Chun [ChunE at mailbox.sc.edu]
Subject: General Linguistics: PhD, University of South Carolina, USA

 Institution/Organization: University of South Carolina
Department: Linguistics Program
Web Address: https://sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/artsandsciences/linguistics/index.php

Level: PhD

Duties: Teaching

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Linguistics Program at the University of South Carolina invites students
to apply to its PhD program for Fall 2021. Students with a BA or MA in
Linguistics may be directly admitted to the PhD program. We offer a
competitive funding package for PhD students.

Our program has interdisciplinary strengths, while also providing our graduate
students with background in formal areas of linguistics. Students are trained
to pursue research and to teach in a range of linguistic subdisciplines.

Our core faculty represent three broad areas of research:
- Psycholinguistics and Cognitive and Formal Linguistics: Amit Almor, Anne
Bezuidenhout, Amanda Dalola, Stanley Dubinsky, D. Eric Holt, Jiang Liu, and
Mila Tasseva-Kurktchieva
- Second Language Acquisition and TESOL: D. Eric Holt, Jiang Liu, Qiandi Liu,
Paul Malovrh, Nina Moreno, and Mila Tasseva-Kurktchieva
- Social, Cultural, and Historical Linguistics: Elaine Chun, Amanda Dalola,
Sherina Feliciano-Santos, Kurt Goblirsch, D. Eric Holt, Jennifer Reynolds, and
Tracey Weldon

For more information, you may visit our website
(http://www.sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/artsandsciences/linguistics/index.ph
p), submit your questions and contact information
(https://www.sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/artsandsciences/linguistics/about/c
ontact/index.php), request to meet with our faculty, or contact our Graduate
Director, Elaine Chun at the contact information provided below.

Our application deadline is December 15.

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2020

Web Address for Applications: https://www.sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/graduate_school/apply/index.php

Contact Information:
	Elaine Chun