31.3485, Confs: Socioling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 13 01:11:47 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3485. Thu Nov 12 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3485, Confs: Socioling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 20:11:33
From: Charlene Tan [charl.ly at nus.edu.sg]
Subject: New Ways of Analyzing Variation - Asia Pacific 6

New Ways of Analyzing Variation - Asia Pacific 6
Short Title: NWAV-AP 6

Date: 17-Feb-2021 - 20-Feb-2021
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Contact: Rebecca Starr
Contact Email: nwavap6 at gmail.com
Meeting URL: https://blog.nus.edu.sg/nwavap6/

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Meeting Description:

NWAV-AP is a unique venue for sharing research on language variation and
change in an Asian context. We are happy to consider submissions of work
relating to the Asia-Pacific region, as well as Asia more broadly, and Asian
diaspora communities elsewhere in the world. The theme of this year’s
conference is “Asia on the move”; we welcome papers that speak to this theme,
including studies on language variation and change in relation to
transnational migration, urbanization and development, language contact, and
language revitalization. As in previous years, NWAV-AP particularly aims to
highlight new variationist research on the indigenous languages and contact
varieties of Asia.

Program Information:

Please visit our blog at https://blog.nus.edu.sg/nwavap6/programme/ for the
full program. All times in the program are written in Singapore Time, UTC +8.

The NWAV-AP 6 online registration on Whova is now open. To register, please
visit https://whova.com/portal/registration/cnwoa_202101/.

Please note that registration is free for all participants, and speakers
presenting at NWAV-AP 6 will be automatically registered for the conference.
For more information, you may visit our blog at
https://blog.nus.edu.sg/nwavap6/registration/, or contact us at
nwavap6 at gmail.com.