31.3553, Calls: Morphology, Phonology, Pragmatics, Semantics, Syntax/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 19 04:15:52 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3553. Wed Nov 18 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3553, Calls: Morphology, Phonology, Pragmatics, Semantics, Syntax/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 23:15:06
From: Gillian Ramchand [gillian.ramchand at uit.no]
Subject: GLOW 44

Full Title: GLOW 44
Short Title: GLOW 44

Date: 15-Apr-2021 - 17-Apr-2021
Location: Online, Norway
Contact Person: Gillian Ramchand
Meeting Email: gillian.ramchand at uit.no
Web Site: https://glowlinguistics.org

Linguistic Field(s): Morphology; Phonology; Pragmatics; Semantics; Syntax

Call Deadline: 15-Dec-2020

Meeting Description:

GLOW is an international organization based in Europe facilitating the
exchange and development of new ideas within generative grammar. This is its
yearly conference.

For 2021, we are planning a synchronous event where GLOW-minded linguists can
meet virtually and have GLOW-minded discussions in the most conducive format,
given the circumstances. For this reason, we have also taken the decision to
propose an entirely new flavour of main session talk, to provoke high level
discussion and theorizing, and to have something different to offer in 2021:
targeted debates. Targeted debates are joint talks that present contrasting
analytical proposals to a particular concrete empirical problem, in any area
of linguistics. Traditional research contributions are also sought, to be
presented as lightning talks and in an online poster session.

Call for Papers:

GLOW 44 will be held online, synchronously, in April 2021 (tentatively April
15–17). We invite abstracts for two types of contributions:

 - Traditional research contributions for presentation and discussion in
synchronous and asynchronous online formats, including brief flash talks;
 - Targeted Collaborative Debates: joint talks that present contrasting
analytical proposals to a particular concrete empirical problem, in any area
of linguistics.

Please read about the format of presentations at GLOW 44 at
https://glowlinguistics.org/44/call-for-papers/ before preparing your
submissions.

The following is the EasyChair link for the submission of abstracts:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=glow44. The due date for abstracts is
Dec 15, 2020!

All abstracts must be anonymous and be two pages on A4 / letter paper with
2.5cm / 1 inch margins and 12pt font. A third page may be used for references.

Because it will be online, GLOW will have a new format for 2021. See
https://glowlinguistics.org/44/format/ for a detailed description.