31.3148, Jobs: English; Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, University of Toronto at Mississauga

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 16 02:28:23 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3148. Thu Oct 15 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3148, Jobs: English; Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, University of Toronto at Mississauga

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 22:27:49
From: Joanna Szewczyk [joanna.szewczyk at utoronto.ca]
Subject: English; Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, University of Toronto at Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

University or Organization: University of Toronto at Mississauga
Department: Department of Language Studies
Job Location: Ontario, Canada
Web Address: https://www.utm.utoronto.ca/language-studies/
Job Title: Assistant Professor - Linguistics, First Language Acquisition
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Department of Language Studies at the University of Toronto Mississauga
invites applications for a tenure stream position in Linguistics at the rank
of Assistant Professor in the area of First Language Acquisition. The position
start date is July 1, 2021, or shortly thereafter. Qualified candidates must
have earned a PhD in Linguistics or a related area by date of appointment, or
shortly thereafter, with a record of excellence in research and in teaching.
We seek candidates whose research and teaching interests complement and
strengthen our existing departmental strengths.

Duties will include teaching in our Linguistics programs at all undergraduate
levels, teaching at the graduate level, supervision of graduate students,
maintaining an active research agenda, and participating in the academic life
of the department. The successful candidate will be expected to pursue
innovative and independent research at the highest international level and
develop and maintain an active, competitive, externally funded program of
research. Evidence of excellence in research can be demonstrated through
publications in top-ranked and field-relevant academic journals or forthcoming
publications meeting high international standards, presentations at
significant conferences, research grants and awards, and strong endorsements
by referees of high standing. Evidence of excellence in teaching can be
demonstrated through teaching accomplishments, the teaching dossier, including
a teaching statement, sample syllabi, and teaching evaluations, submitted as
part of the application, as well as strong letters of reference.

The application deadline is December 16th, 2020. All application materials,
including letters of reference, must be submitted online by the deadline.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority.

Diversity Statement:
The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its
community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons /
persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America,
persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the
further diversification of ideas. As part of your application, you will be
asked to complete a brief Diversity Survey. This survey is voluntary. Any
information directly related to you is confidential and cannot be accessed by
search committees or human resources staff. Results will be aggregated for
institutional planning purposes. For more information, please see
http://uoft.me/UP.

Accessibility Statement:
The University strives to be an equitable and inclusive community, and
proactively seeks to increase diversity among its community members. Our
values regarding equity and diversity are linked with our unwavering
commitment to excellence in the pursuit of our academic mission. The
University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians
with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our recruitment,
assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide
accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require
any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process,
please contact uoft.careers at utoronto.ca.

For a detailed job description and duties, a detailed application process and
to apply online please visit the application link provided below.

Application Deadline: 16-Dec-2020

Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.utoronto.ca/job/Mississauga-Assistant-Professor-Linguistics-First-Language-Acquisition-ON/542209417/
Contact Information:
	Joanna Szewczyk