31.3205, Summer Schools: Zurich online school in multimodal interaction analysis (ZOSMIA) / Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 22 18:50:51 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3205. Thu Oct 22 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3205, Summer Schools:  Zurich online school in multimodal interaction analysis (ZOSMIA) / Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 14:50:39
From: Kristina Eiviler [info at spur.uzh.ch]

Zurich online school in multimodal interaction analysis (ZOSMIA)

Host Institution: University of Zurich
Website: https://www.tiny.uzh.ch/15D

Dates: 09-Nov-2020 - 12-Nov-2020
Location: online, online, Switzerland

Focus: The focus of the ZOSMIA 2020 will be on the interactional achievement of space and the participants’ use of bodily resources. Some of the questions that we will discuss are: How is the human body implicated in space, communication, social organization? How do the participants co-orient their perception, coordinate their actions, and co-operate in joint activities? How can we understand the phenomenon of multiactivity in social interaction? How do these aspects contribute to the establishment and maintenance of an interactional space? Is there a ‘boundary’ between language and the body and if so, where does it lie?
Minimum Education Level: No Minimum

We are pleased to announce the call for participation in the first Zurich
online school in multimodal interaction analysis (ZOSMIA) 2020, which will
take place from 09-12 November 2020.

The professors who will be teaching at the ZOSMIA 2020 are:
Prof. Dr. Lorenza Mondada (University of Basel, Switzerland),
Prof. Dr. Anja Stukenbrock (University of Lausanne, Switzerland),
Prof. Dr. Pentti Haddington (University of Oulu, Finland),
Prof. Dr. Jürgen Streeck (University of Texas at Austin, USA),
Prof. Dr. Heiko Hausendorf (University of Zurich, Switzerland), and
Prof. Dr. Leelo Keevallik (Linköping University, Sweden).

We highly encourage students and young researchers from disciplines such as
linguistics, anthropology, sociology, psychology, ethnology, etc. interested
in multimodality and interaction to apply for participating in the ZOSMIA
2020.

Participation in the ZOSMIA 2020 is free of charge.

The organizers of ZOSMIA 2020 are Kristina Eiviler, Christoph Hottiger, Omnia
Ibrahim, Kenan Hochuli and Petra Marinova.
We thank the Graduate Campus of the University of Zurich and the URPP Language
and Space for financially supporting the organization of ZOSMIA 2020.

For any questions, contact us via our email zosmia at spur.uzh.ch

Registration: 14-Oct-2020 to 26-Oct-2020

Contact Person:  ZOSMIA 2020 organization team
                Email: zosmia at spur.uzh.ch

Registration Instructions:
If you would like to participate, please fill in the registration form on our
web page.
The registration deadline is midnight (CET), 26. October 2020.