31.3204, Calls: Ling & Literature / Diadorim: revista de estudos linguísticos e literários (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 22 18:48:24 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3204. Thu Oct 22 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3204, Calls:  Ling & Literature / Diadorim: revista de estudos linguísticos e literários (Jrnl)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 14:48:13
From: Marcia Machado Vieira [marcia at letras.ufrj.br]

Full Title: Diadorim: revista de estudos linguísticos e literários

Linguistic Field(s): Ling & Literature

Call for Papers:
Linguistic varieties both inside and outside Brazil

This dossier will be organized by Katie Drager (University of Hawai´i-Mānoa),
Albert Olivier Blaise Rilliard (CNRS-UFRJ) Marcia dos Santos Machado Vieira
(Federal University of Rio de Janeiro) and Marcos Luiz Wiedemer (State
University of Rio de Janeiro).

The thematic dossier for linguistic studies of the first issue of volume 23 of
Diadorim: journal for linguistic and literary studies (an open access and
peer-reviewed journal published by the Graduate Program in Vernacular Letters)
aims to bring together research in Sociolinguistics and Geolinguistics on
linguistic varieties both inside and outside Brazil. The papers will focus on
themes, problems, actions and/or propositions related but not limited to:

- descriptions of variation based on empirical evidence (e.g., language
corpora, experiments, map tasks, or other language-based tasks);
- development and implementation of experimental or
non-experimental/observational methods, computational methods, and/or methods
for statistical analysis of sociolinguistic data;
- theoretical-explanatory treatment of the analyzed materials; and
- discussion of the relationship between linguistic observations and teaching
as well as other areas of applied sociolinguistics (e.g., language use in the
classroom, ecolinguistics, and other fields of application or knowledge).

Taking into account a wide variety of research traditions and theoretical
inclinations employed by sociolinguistic/geolinguistic research, we invite
researchers to submit contributions to address variation in any language
variety. We hope to bring together a range of studies that reflect the state
of the art in this area and that inspire new projects and directions for
research.

Literature: urgency e sense

This dossier will be organized by Laíse Ribas Bastos (Federal University of
Rio de Janeiro) and Fernando Floriani Petry (Uninversité Lyion Lumière 2).

In an interview given in May 2020, the writer Mia Couto is asked whether the
current global health crisis would have a direct impact on his writing. He
answers that he ''almost have modesty for thinking in those terms with this
tragedy'', and continues, “[...] I am now just a citizen who joins the fight
to prevent the epidemic.”

In our recent history, we may be able to record few moments so urgent as the
current one. The health emergency that Mia Couto is referring to is also an
ecological, political and, ultimately, an emergency of sanity. “My eyes are
too small to see”, or “In vain I try to explain”, warn Carlos Drummond de
Andrade’s verses in A rosa do povo, book written during the war.

Thus, this edition intends to collect reflections on the way literature is
written and inscribed in the urgency of the present - throughout its history
as well as nowadays. Unpublished articles developed within the scope of
Brazilian, Portuguese and African Literatures will be accepted.

The articles (of both dossiers) will be submitted to a peer review process (in
which the identity of the author is unknown to the invited editors) and, then,
to the publication process of originals that have not been previously
published and that are in accordance with the author guidelines of the journal
site (https://revistas.ufrj.br/index.php/diadorim/about/submissions). We are
particularly keen to publish papers that significantly advance the relevant
debates and make a contribution to the field.

You are also invited to consult the website (
https://revistas.ufrj.br/index.php/diadorim ), where more information is
posted.

Submission is open Now!
Deadline:  until  November 13th 2020.

Marcia Machado Vieira, Eliete B. Silveira  e Daniele Kelly Gomes (UFRJ)