31.3232, Challenge Update: Week 6

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 23 03:41:50 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3232. Thu Oct 22 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3232, Challenge Update: Week 6

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 23:40:51
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Challenge Update: Week 6

Hello readers,

Here is our mid-week challenge update! Since the weekend update, we've reached
24.22%, thank you all!

Even though there hasn't been an update since the weekend, Syntax is holding
onto their lead position in the Subfield Challege with $1,600 in donations.
Sociolinguistics is coming in strong in second place still with $1,100 in
donations, and Language Acquisition with $843.99 wants to keep the third place
spot they snagged from Phonology.

For the University Challenge, University of Southern Carolina is keen on
keeping their first place spot in terms of most donations and most money
donated. They have 11 donors totaling $915! Indiana University is still in
second place but has moved up a bit with $435 and 5 donors. In third place we
have the University of Surrey with 1 donor at $250. That's a very generous
donation!

In the region challenge, we have received a few donations from North America
for the Region Challenge, which brings them to 78 donors. Europe has increased
its numbers a bit and is still in second with 49 donors while Asia remains in
third place with an increase to 11 donors (up from 10 last week).

There wasn't much to update in terms of challenges this week, but we have
received donations since our last update and every donation matters. We
appreciate everyone's help in this, any amount you can give helps LINGUIST
List fund graduate students and also allows us to keep providing our readers
with necessary resources. We couldn't do it without you. Thank you.

Sincerely,
The LL team