32.2661, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Research Scientist, Workhuman

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Aug 17 16:39:53 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2661. Tue Aug 17 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2661, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Research Scientist, Workhuman

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 12:39:04
From: Lauren Van Duyn [lauren.vanduyn at workhuman.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Research Scientist, Workhuman, Remote, USA

University or Organization: Workhuman
Department: WHiQ
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Job Title: Research Scientist
Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Are you interested in changing the world of work? We’re building a world-class
analytics team to apply data science to the soft side of how work gets done.
We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!

Workhuman is seeking a Machine Learning Scientist(Natural Language Processing)
to join our Workhuman iQ team as a Machine Learning domain expert.  This role
is responsible for developing Machine Learning algorithms that can tackle NLP
problems such as text classification, semantic tagging, information
extraction, and text summarization. The person will work with NLP experts,
Data Scientists and engineering teams to build products that uncover insights
hidden in recognition moments across dozens of countries for our customers,
the industry and our company.

The projects that our team work on are built from the ground up and we look
for individuals who want to take ownership and implement solutions
independently and thrive in a collaborative environment. Your work will be
project-oriented, and you will often be responsible for bringing together the
needs of data scientists, engineering team, product managers and other
internal customers to provide viable solutions and communicating your thoughts
effectively.

This position will report to the NLP Manager.

Main duties & responsibilities:
 - Develop machine learning and deep learning algorithms that can be applied
to a wide range of NLP problems including text classification, semantic
tagging, information extraction, text summarization, etc.
 - Research, design, develop, and evaluate first-of-kind solutions to solving
NLP problems in social recognition domain including social bias analysis,
emotion detection, and other social recognition patterns to inform business
insights and improve social recognition product
 - Research cutting-edge technologies, develop innovative solutions, and build
proof-of-concept prototypes that establish overall system performance
 - Participate in cross-functional teams to contribute to product development
and innovation roadmaps
 - Partner and collaborate with partners and customers to understand business
needs, share insights and validated practices
 - Lead the group discussions on the latest machine learning methods for
addressing challenges and issues team-wise
 - Provide mentorship to junior Data Scientists
 - Help build and lead collaborative relationships with external academic
partners and the scientific community.
 - Investigate and explore the latest deep learning tool kits and frameworks

Required skills and experience:
 - PhD in computer science, data science, machine learning or related field
 - 3-5 years of hands-on experience building and deploying Machine Learning
and Deep learning models
 - Demonstrated Deep Learning and Machine Learning experience with NLP
expertise through scientific publications and/or successful product
development.
 - Python programming experience required
 - Experience with state-of-art machine learning framework such as:
Tensorflow, Pytorch, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Keras, etc.
 - Experience with applying NLP to computational science is a strong plus.
 - Experience with information extraction from social media data is a strong
plus.
 - Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
 - Comfortable handling a high volume of work daily
 - Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work
environment
 - Willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept
reprioritization as necessary
 - Experience with process design

Please submit your application via the link below.

Web Address for Applications: https://workhuman.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorkhumanCareers/job/Workhuman-USA--HQ-1/Machine-Learning-Scientist_R395
Contact Information:
	Lauren Van Duyn
	Email: lauren.vanduyn at workhuman.com