32.2662, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: NLP Research Manager, Workhuman

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Aug 17 16:44:47 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2662. Tue Aug 17 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2662, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: NLP Research Manager, Workhuman

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 12:44:08
From: Lauren Van Duyn [Lauren.vanduyn at workhuman.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: NLP Research Manager, Workhuman, Boston, MA, USA

University or Organization: Workhuman
Department: WHiQ
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Job Title: NLP Research Manager
Job Rank: Manager

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Are you interested in changing the world of work? We’re building a world-class
analytics team to apply data science to the soft side of how work gets done.
We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!

Workhuman is seeking an NLP Research Manager to join our Workhuman iQ
analytics team as a domain expert, focusing on leading the research and
development (R&D) effort within Workhuman’s NLP organization. We are looking
for a leader who can potentially hire, coach, and mentor a team of data
scientists and NLP researchers. This role reports into the Director of NLP.

Main duties & responsibilities:
 - Partner with machine learning engineers and researchers with your technical
expertise to innovate and build new models and systems, improve and enhance
existing NLP systems as well as discover new opportunities to apply NLP to
solve critical problems

 - Partner with product management and work cross-functionally with
engineering teams in delivering NLP/ML products that serve the company's needs
and understanding the impact. Bring a strong perspective and NLP expertise
that contributes to design reviews and ideation in developing pragmatic
solutions to complex problems

 - Collaborate with other technical leads of NLP team in delivering annotated
data and language contents for NLP products

 - Partner with recruiting to hire NLP and ML experts to the team. Provide
coaching, develop and retain ML and NLP talents.

 - Stay up-to-date with recent developments in the ML field and current trends
in the wider ML/NLP field. Lead the regular reading groups on latest research
within NLP team.

Required skills and experience:
 - Master's and above degree in computer science, computer engineering,
machine learning, computational linguistics or other math/engineering
background. PhD or equivalent work experience is a plus.

 - Able to motivate, educate and coach others with patience and high
engagement.

 - 5+ industry experience as a hands-on expert-level practitioner of Natural
Language Processing. Experience in building industry-scale ML/NLP models and
systems. Having conducted research and published peer-reviewed articles in ML
and NLP is a plus.

 - Experience driving impact through leadership and influential abilities.

 - Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.

 - Ability to work cross-functionally with teams of different backgrounds/
expertise/ functions.

 - Strong analytical abilities and comfortable diving into the fray to help
drive resolution.

 - Have a great get stuff done attitude, positive energy, and thrive in a
fast-paced, growing environment.

 - Passionate about technology and can keep up with the latest developments in
NLP research and the HCM landscape

 - Have a respectful, collaborative approach that earns the trust of your
peers and stakeholders.

Please apply via the link below.

Web Address for Applications: https://workhuman.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorkhumanCareers/job/Framingham-MA/NLP-Research-Manager_R790
Contact Information: