32.438, Calls: Call for Reviews / Gender and Language (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Feb 4 23:07:39 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-438. Thu Feb 04 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.438, Calls:  Call for Reviews / Gender and Language (Jrnl)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 18:07:25
From: Federica Formato [F.formato at brighton.ac.uk]
Subject: Call for Reviews / Gender and Language (Jrnl)

Full Title: Gender and Language

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable

Hi all,

my name is Federica Formato and I am the book editor of the Gender and
Language journal. Please find below a list of titles that we would welcome
review for. If you are reading a volume that could be of interest for the
journal, do not hesitate to contact us! You can email me at
f.formato at brighton.ac.uk. We can discuss the title you have chosen and the
guidelines (at the moment we welcome reviews no longer than 1000 words).

Should you need any other information, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Federica Formato

De Marco, Marcella,and Piero Toto. 2019. Gender approaches in the translation
classroom. Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave
Macmillan.https://www.palgrave.com/gb/book/9783030043896·

Tobias Bernaisch. 2020. Gender in World
Englishes https://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/languages-linguistics
/english-language-and-linguistics-general-interest/gender-world-englishes?form
at=HB''

Angela Zottola. 2021  Transgender Identities in the Press
A Corpus-based Discourse Analysis
https://www.bloomsbury.com/us/transgender-identities-in-the-press-978135009754
4/'' (this is available in February)

O'Dwyer,Fergus. 2020. Linguistic Variation and Social Practices of Normative
Masculinity Authority and Multifunctional Humour in a Dublin Sports Club
–https://www.taylorfrancis.com/books/9781003014140

Shaw, Sylvia. 2020. Women,Language and Politics. Cambridge: Cambridge
UniversityPress.doi:10.1017/9781139946636.013
https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/women-language-and-politics/98A741CBDC835
20ED11D8B7F82D3A1952020

Leap,William. 2020. Language Before Stonewall. Language, Sexuality, History.
Palgrave.https://rd.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-33516-8·

Lane, Nikki. 2020.The Black Queer Work of Ratchet. Race, Gender, Sexuality,
and the(Anti)Politics of Respectability. Palgrave
 https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783030233181·

Caldas-Coulthard, Carmen Rosa (Editor).2020. Innovations and Challenges:
Women,Language and Sexism. Routledge
https://www.routledge.com/Innovations-and-Challenges-Women-Language-and-Sexism
/Caldas-Coulthard/p/book/9780367133726·