32.600, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 17 22:22:26 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-600. Wed Feb 17 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.600, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 17:21:48
From: Lisa Falconer [lfalconer at carleton.edu]
Subject: Minnesota Undergraduate Linguistics Symposium

Full Title: Minnesota Undergraduate Linguistics Symposium
Short Title: MULS

Date: 17-Apr-2021 - 17-Apr-2021
Location: Northfield, MN (event is on Zoom), USA
Contact Person: Lisa Falconer
Meeting Email: lfalconer at carleton.edu
Web Site: https://www.carleton.edu/linguistics/symposium/

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 17-Mar-2021

Meeting Description:

We are happy to announce that we are preparing to hold MULS 2021 on April 17,
2021. We will host the symposium remotely over Zoom to conform with the
COVID-19 expectations of your campuses and our own.

MULS is an annual event that is dedicated to promoting the study of
linguistics by undergraduates in Minnesota and surrounding states by sharing
exemplary undergraduate research and fostering a dialogue between students of
linguistics and other language-related topics across various institutions.

Call for Papers:

If you are interested in being considered to present at the symposium, please
fill out the form on our website
(https://www.carleton.edu/linguistics/symposium/submit/). The deadline for
submission is March 17, 2021. We anticipate communicating plans for the
schedule by April 5.

Submission Guidelines:
 - Research from all subfields of linguistics, in both applied and theoretical
work, are welcome. We also welcome research in progress.
 - Each student may submit at most one singly authored abstract and one
jointly authored abstract.
 - The abstract should be no more than one page (1 inch margins, 11 or 12
point font), not including references. Examples should be embedded within the
body of the abstract (as opposed to being listed at the end).
 - Please make sure the abstract is in PDF format and that there is no
identification of yourself in the abstract (anonymized submission). The review
process is double blind.
 - If your abstract reflects work that is part of a greater research project
with a team or a professor, please be prepared to submit verification from the
PI that they are aware you are submitting this work. If your abstract is
accepted, we will let you know if we would like this verification.
 - Abstracts that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
Decisions will be announced in early April.
 - If you would like guidance on how to structure a linguistics abstract,
please see model abstracts provided by the LSA
(https://www.linguisticsociety.org/resource/model-abstracts).