32.243, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 19 15:17:37 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-243. Tue Jan 19 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.243, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 10:17:03
From: Beatrix Livesey-Stephens [bealiveseystephens at gmail.com]
Subject: Undergraduate Linguistics Association of Britain Conference 2021

Full Title: Undergraduate Linguistics Association of Britain Conference 2021
Short Title: ULAB 2021

Date: 16-Apr-2021 - 18-Apr-2021
Location: MS Teams, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Beatrix Livesey-Stephens
Meeting Email: ulablinguistics at gmail.com
Web Site: https://www.ulab.org.uk/

Call Deadline: 31-Jan-2021

Meeting Description:

Registration link:
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=DQSIkWdsW0yxEjajBLZtrQAAAA
AAAAAAAAMAADK89ZtUOThESTlRT0haVUZKSExKR1VERFM4UjlCRC4u&fbclid=IwAR3aBZGAtrXquP
VXe0CMeFevPTw2Lg66mtEDDwJf0UpEaiSZ7VzToodzcXs

ULAB 2021 is a student-led conference for undergraduates to present their
research. As this is an undergraduate conference, the bulk of the work for all
submissions must have been carried out whilst the author was an undergraduate
student of linguistics or a related discipline, and so long as their
undergraduate studies were completed no more than three years prior to
submitting the abstract.

The conference will run from 9am-5pm British time, and will include a mix of
student presentations, academic plenaries, and workshops.

Call for Papers:

You have until 31 January to submit an abstract to present your undergraduate
research to the ULAB 2021 online conference! All info, including the
submission link, can be found here: https://easychair.org/cfp/ULAB2021

This year we have also been able to secure funding for a BSL-English
interpreter, so if you wish to present your work in BSL then we encourage you
to submit! When filling out the registration form, please let us know if you
are a BSL interpreter so we can liaise with our interpreter for the
conference.