32.244, Confs: Ling Theories, Morphology, Phonology, Syntax/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 19 15:23:57 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-244. Tue Jan 19 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.244, Confs: Ling Theories, Morphology, Phonology, Syntax/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 10:23:18
From: Hisao Tokizaki [toki at sapporo-u.ac.jp]
Subject: 11th Workshop on Phonological Externalization of Morphosyntactic Structure

11th Workshop on Phonological Externalization of Morphosyntactic Structure
Short Title: phex 11

Date: 13-Feb-2021 - 13-Feb-2021
Location: Online (hosted in Sapporo, Japan), Japan
Contact: Hisao Tokizaki
Contact Email: toki at sapporo-u.ac.jp
Meeting URL: https://toki482.wixsite.com/phex11

Linguistic Field(s): Linguistic Theories; Morphology; Phonology; Syntax

Meeting Description:

PHEX 11 is the first (online) workshop of our research project “The Mapping
from Syntax to Phonology: Theory, Typology and History,’’ which is a
continuation of our project “Phonological Externalization of Morphosyntactic
Structure: Universals and Variables'' (2015-2020). Following the success of
the previous workshops in Sapporo, Niigata, Tokyo and Lexington, KY, we are
glad to invite abstracts for presentation about the morphosyntax-phonology
interface.

Program Information:

10 am - 6 pm, Saturday, February 13, 2021, JST (Japan Standard Time = UTC+9)

Registration is needed to participate in the zoom meeting. Please fill out the
registration form by February 10:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dzvyAxruoxOFf4YAz3Kw-my6HLPM6zM93CUsM-xv-Mc/e
dit

Workshop website:
https://toki482.wixsite.com/phex11

Saturday February 13 (JST)
10:00  Opening

10:10  Kuniya Nasukawa (Tohoku Gakuin University) [invited]
           Stress assignment in Precedence-free Phonology

10:50  Gabriel de Avila Othero (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul)
           Syntax vs prosody in informational focus in Portuguese

11:40  Sheila Shu-Laam Chan (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
           Tommy Tsz-Ming Lee (University of Southern California)
           Ka-Fai Yip (Yale University)
           Separable verbs, syllable deletion, and micro-variations

12:10  Kayono Shiobara (Tokyo Woman's Christian University)
           EPP at the syntax-phonology interface

14:00  Aritz Irurtzun (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique) [invited]
           Focus and Externalization

14:40  Tomohiro Yanagi (Chubu University)
           A note on word order variation in Old English rhythmical prose

15:40  Yoshihito Dobashi (Niigata University)
           Adjacency and head parameter

16:10  Hisao Tokizaki (Sapporo University)
           Subject-auxiliary inversion is inversion

17:00  Arkadiusz Kwapiszewski (University of Oxford)
           The morphosyntax of Slavic aspect: Fusion and adjacency

17:30  Discussion

18:00  Close