32.303, Calls: Discourse Analysis / I-LanD: Identity, Language and Diversity Journal (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Jan 23 18:29:38 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-303. Sat Jan 23 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.303, Calls:  Discourse Analysis / I-LanD: Identity, Language and Diversity Journal (Jrnl)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 13:29:31
From: Roxanne Padley [rpadley at unisa.it]

Full Title: I-LanD: Identity, Language and Diversity Journal

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 14-Feb-2021

Call for papers for the special issue (2/2021)

Insights into Diversified Communication, Research and Education during
COVID-19:
Changing Times

This special issue of the I-LanD Journal will focus on COVID-19 discourse
representation and its role, impact and consequences within education,
research and communication. It will be edited by Siria Guzzo (University of
Salerno, Italy), Simon McGrath (University of Nottingham, United Kingdom) and
Roxanne Holly Padley (University of Salerno, Italy).

Submission of abstracts:
Authors wishing to contribute to this issue are invited to send an extended
abstract of their proposed article ranging between 600 and 1000 words
(excluding references) in MS Word format to the three editors by the 14th
February 2021. Proposals should not contain the authors’ name and
academic/professional affiliation and should be accompanied by an email
including such personal information and sent to: sguzzo at unisa.it,
simon.mcgrath at nottingham.ac.uk and rpadley at unisa.it.  Please indicate “I-LanD
Special Issue 2/2021 – abstract submission” in the subject line and include
the Journal e-mail address (ilandjournal at unior.it) by using the Cc option.

In order to meet the editorial process, the most important dates to remember
are as follows:

- Submission of abstracts: 14th February 2021
- Notification of acceptance/rejection:  28th February 2021
- Submission of chapters: 23rd July 2021

The questions researchers are called upon to consider, analyse and debate may
include the following:

- How has COVID-19 discourse developed within the educational field and within
diverse contexts?
- What types of cross-culture and sociolinguistic discourses can be found in
relation to COVID-19?
- How are the identities of vulnerable (shielding) groups addressed and
explored during this time of pandemic?
- What are the new multimodalities of COVID-19 communication?
- How is COVID-19 represented in varied discourse communities of practice
(media, healthcare, business, legal, educational)?
- How are online COVID-19 identity communities being built and represented?
- How are we reimagining and reframing research grounded in human interactions
when these very modes have evolved?
- How is international research collaboration envisioned and evolving when
faced with extensive travel restrictions?

We welcome papers which explore the following points, though other pertinent
submissions will also be considered:
- COVID-19 and education in diverse contexts: challenges and future prospects
- COVID-19 discursive representation and how it morphs and adapts
- Online COVID-19 communities and the construction of new identities
- Multimodalities of COVID-19 communication
- Dissemination of COVID-19 healthcare discourse
- COVID-19 discourse in social media
- COVID-19 discourse and the resulting digitalised cyberworld

Researchers are invited to propose contributions from diverse fields of
enquiry including, but not limited to, linguistics, education studies,
cultural studies, health humanities and sociology.

For the full call for papers please consult: https://bit.ly/2Nf7MbI