32.2438, Confs: Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Ling Theories/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 20 20:41:46 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2438. Tue Jul 20 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2438, Confs: Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Ling Theories/Online

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 16:41:09
From: Nurit Melnik [nurit at eyron.com]
Subject: 28th International Conference on Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar

28th International Conference on Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar
Short Title: HPSG-2021

Date: 28-Jul-2021 - 29-Jul-2021
Location: Frankfurt (Online), Germany
Contact: Nurit Melnik
Contact Email: nurit at eyron.com

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Linguistic Theories

Meeting Description:

The 28th International Conference on Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar will
be held on 28 July - 29 July 2021 as an online event.

The HPSG 2021 conference will be a two-day main conference. It will be
followed by a one-day workshop on negation, which will be announced
separately. Presentations will be pre-recorded and pre-loaded on the
conference website, and the discussion period will be online.

Invited Speakers:
Paul Kay - University of California, Berkeley
Jack Hoeksema - University of Groningen

Program Information:

The 28th International Conference on HPSG will be held on July 28—July 29,
2021, as an online event. It will be followed by a one-day workshop on
negation on July 30, 2021.

The presentations are prerecorded and available on the conference website. The
discussion period will be online. All interactions will take place on Zoom and
on our conference’s Discord server. Please watch all the videos beforehand and
prepare your questions!

As a social hub, we set up a Discord server for this year’s conference. Our
Discord server will be a place for social gatherings, our poster session and
announcements for the conference.

The conference program can be consulted at
https://blog.studiumdigitale.uni-frankfurt.de/hpsg21/program/.
The talks and slides are listed at
https://blog.studiumdigitale.uni-frankfurt.de/hpsg21/abstracts-videos/. As
several technical issues were reported on Safari, please make sure to access
our website with Firefox or Chrome.

The conference will be free of charge but you have to register to view
password-protected content and get into protected areas for interaction.
Please register with our registration form at
https://blog.studiumdigitale.uni-frankfurt.de/hpsg21/registration/.

The main information regarding our conference can be found on our website and
in our (virtual) goody bag. All registered participants will receive the goody
bag as a file.

If you have any questions regarding the conference, don’t hesitate to contact
us at hpsg2021 at uni-frankfurt.de.

We are looking forward to seeing you all in cyberspace!