32.1963, Confs: Anthro Ling, Applied Ling, Disc Analys, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 7 16:18:53 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-1963. Mon Jun 07 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.1963, Confs: Anthro Ling, Applied Ling, Disc Analys, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling/Online

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 12:18:25
From: Charlotte Taylor [charlotte.taylor at sussex.ac.uk]
Subject: Approaches to Migration, Language & Identity 2021

Approaches to Migration, Language & Identity 2021
Short Title: #AMLI2020

Date: 09-Jun-2021 - 11-Jun-2021
Location: University of Sussex/Online, United Kingdom
Contact: Charlotte Taylor
Contact Email: charlotte.taylor at sussex.ac.uk
Meeting URL: https://amli2021.org/

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Meeting Description:

This is the third edition in the 'Approaches to Migration, Language &
Identity' conference series. It is organised by Charlotte Taylor and Stuart
Dunmore at the University of Sussex and will be held ONLINE.

We welcome papers addressing any aspect of the intersection between migration,
language and identity whether focussed on migration discourses, language
practices, legal policy or the ideologies embedded and revealed within them.
We also welcome reflexive work which challenges and advances how we
investigate these topics, and work which highlights potential impact and
proposes methods for stakeholder involvement.

The conference is conceived as an interdisciplinary event and we warmly invite
abstract submissions for papers addressing language and identity in relation
to migration from colleagues across a range of disciplines including, but not
limited to: education, intercultural communication, law, literary studies,
linguistics, geography, history, memory studies, migration studies,
psychology, sociology, translation studies. We also warmly welcome
contributions from colleagues working outside academia.

Program Information:

The full programme and all video papers are now freely available to view on
the conference website (https://amli2021.org/programme/). Registration is
still open via https://amli2021.org/