32.2112, Jobs: French; German, Swiss; Italian; Norwegian Bokmål; Russian: Consultant, M47 Labs & International Fiducia, S.L.

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 18 17:45:33 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2112. Fri Jun 18 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2112, Jobs: French; German, Swiss; Italian; Norwegian Bokmål; Russian: Consultant, M47 Labs & International Fiducia, S.L.

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 13:45:00
From: Carla Torrijos [carla.torrijos at m47labs.com]
Subject: French; German, Swiss; Italian; Norwegian Bokmål; Russian: Consultant, M47 Labs & International Fiducia, S.L., Barcelona, Spain

University or Organization: M47 Labs & International Fiducia, S.L.
Department: Computational Linguistics
Job Location: Barcelona, Spain
Web Address: https://www.m47labs.com/
Job Title: Computational Linguist
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonology

Required Language(s): French (fra)
                      German, Swiss (gsw)
                      Italian (ita)
                      Norwegian Bokmål (nob)
                      Russian (rus)

M47 Labs is a fast growing Barcelona based tech company with a focus on
providing outstanding international quality engineering and data and language
analytics services. We may be a newer company, but our deep knowledge and
strong industry experience allows us to work with top companies around the
world.

We are growing our Computational Linguistics team for several languages to
work on a cutting-edge Personal Voice Assistant software used by millions of
users worldwide, with one of our major clients. We are looking for someone
with native knowledge of one of the following languages: Italian (Italy and
Switzerland), Russian, Bokmål (Norway), French (Belgium and Switzerland) or
German (Switzerland).

In this temporary project you will be responsible for helping the Voice
Assistant to understand and speak your native language, focusing on the
phonetics and prosody of NLG and NLU, connecting humans and machines through
seamless voice interaction.

Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, assess and monitor speech data in order to improve software
quality and linguistic resources for speech recognition and speech synthesis.
- Create, update, review and correct phonetic transcriptions for speech
dictionaries.
- Create and correct data for language modeling.
- Review tests and identify potential fixes.

What we offer:
- Temporary contract with the possibility to extend
- Central location in Barcelona in an amazing working space
- Relocation package if needed
- Office Perks
- Competitive salary based on candidate background and experience
- Private Medical Insurance
- Great international and young work environment
- Access to internal and external trainings

Key Qualifications:
- Native speaker fluency in Italian (Italy and Switzerland), Russian, Bokmål
(Norway), French (Belgium and Switzerland) or German (Switzerland).
- Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (in particular
phonology and phonetics)
- Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture and the ability to use that
knowledge to improve the focus of your local market
- Ability to phonetically transcribe speech audio and verify existing phonetic
transcriptions accurately through solid understanding of conventional phonetic
notation such as IPA, SAMPA or CMU
- Comfortable with tools such as Bash and Grep
- Experience with one or more version control systems with a preference for
Git
- Excellent English skills
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to
manage priorities
- Good organizational and analytical skills

Desired experience/skills:
- Experience working with large quantities of natural language data, lexical
resources, corpora, Natural Language Processing algorithms and tools
- Knowledge of a programming language such as Python, Java, C or C++
- Experience in ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition) and TTS (Text to Speech)
- Experience using OS X or iOS software

Education:
University level (preferably Master's Degree) in Computational Linguistics,
Speech Technologies, Philology, related fields, or equivalent experience.

*We encourage you to apply if you are native to one of the languages and have
a strong Linguistic knowledge even if you lack experience on the NLP field as
we are open to different levels of seniority*

Send us your CV in English to the application email provided below.

Email Address for Applications: jobs at m47labs.com
Contact Information:
	HR Recruiter Carla Torrijos
	Email: carla.torrijos at m47labs.com